Crabmeat Pizza

ILOVEUSA911

Registered Member
Being from N'awlins, if there's one thing I know how to do, it's cook. Didn't learn it from Mama though, Daddy was always the cook in our house and I always helped so that I could learn.

Every time I take this to a party people go nuts over it.

Because cajun cooks really don't measure anything I'm going to give you the best estimate I can, it'll be fine though trust me.

You get one of those aluminum pizza pans.

You need:

2 8oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese blocks.
1 Large bottle of Shrimp Cocktail Sauce
I lb. of lump crab meat
worcestishire sauce
1 lemon
garlic powder
Sprig of parsley
Any kind of waifers like Keebler's Captain Waifers

Mix the cream cheese, worcestishire sauce (to taste, I'd say about three tablespoons), squeeze the lemon into it and add about 2 tablespoons of garlic powder. Let marinate in the fridge for about an hour.

Spread the cream cheese on the bottom of the pizza pan (this represents your pizza crust).
Then pour the bottle of shrimp cocktail sauce and spread over the cream cheese (represents your tomatoe sauce)
Spread the lump crab meat (and it's ok to use claw meat, it's just as good and cheaper) over the shrimp cocktail sauce.
Chop your parsley and sprinkle over entire pizza.

Put your waifers next to the pizza and watch as people take a scoop and then have a hard time leaving it.

It's really good. Hope you'll try it. If you do, let me know how it came out.

I'm just thinking you might not be able to get fresh crabmeat where you live, I'm sure it would be just as good to use canned crabmeat. You'd just have to make sure you get enough cans to equal about a lb. so it will cover your pizza.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've had seafood pizza in the past. It had other things on it too but it was pretty good.

I guess you could use imitation crab meat as well for this right?

ILOVEUSA911

Registered Member
I've had seafood pizza in the past. It had other things on it too but it was pretty good.

I guess you could use imitation crab meat as well for this right?
Yes you could.

When you say you've had seafood pizza, was it with the cream cheese and cocktail sauce or was it regular pizza with seafood topping?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know about cream cheese but it did have cocktail sauce. It wasn't like normal pizza but it was pretty good.

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
The only kind of pizza that had seafood in it that I've ever tasted was a very Cheesy Shrimp Pizza, but I'm a huge fan of seafood and this sounds more than appetizing to the pallet :D:D

~Shwa

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Being from N'awlins, if there's one thing I know how to do, it's cook. Didn't learn it from Mama though, Daddy was always the cook in our house and I always helped so that I could learn.

Every time I take this to a party people go nuts over it.

Because cajun cooks really don't measure anything I'm going to give you the best estimate I can, it'll be fine though trust me.

You get one of those aluminum pizza pans.

You need:

2 8oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese blocks.
1 Large bottle of Shrimp Cocktail Sauce
I lb. of lump crab meat
worcestishire sauce
1 lemon
garlic powder
Sprig of parsley
Any kind of waifers like Keebler's Captain Waifers

Mix the cream cheese, worcestishire sauce (to taste, I'd say about three tablespoons), squeeze the lemon into it and add about 2 tablespoons of garlic powder. Let marinate in the fridge for about an hour.

Spread the cream cheese on the bottom of the pizza pan (this represents your pizza crust).
Then pour the bottle of shrimp cocktail sauce and spread over the cream cheese (represents your tomatoe sauce)
Spread the lump crab meat (and it's ok to use claw meat, it's just as good and cheaper) over the shrimp cocktail sauce.
Chop your parsley and sprinkle over entire pizza.

Put your waifers next to the pizza and watch as people take a scoop and then have a hard time leaving it.

It's really good. Hope you'll try it. If you do, let me know how it came out.

I'm just thinking you might not be able to get fresh crabmeat where you live, I'm sure it would be just as good to use canned crabmeat. You'd just have to make sure you get enough cans to equal about a lb. so it will cover your pizza.
So you don't really bake this pizza? Does the cream cheese harden enough to almost make a crust? Or is it just a layer below that doesn't really mess up the rest of the ingredients you put on top of it?

Last edited:

ILOVEUSA911

Registered Member
So you don't really bake this pizza? Does the cream cheese harden enough to almost make a crust? Or is it just a layer below that don't really mess up the rest of the ingredients you put on top of it?
No, you don't bake it. It's a layered dip and doesn't mess up the rest of the ingredients. Just take a waifer and scoop from the bottom.