• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Crabby-moaning-groaning-thread!!

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
I feel the need to whine right now, and guess who the lucky recipients are??? 1st of all, TRINA & NANNER, I went back and read my responses to you being back after your vacations....I'm sorry for my lack of enthusiasm, I am truly happy you both had wonderful trips, but even more, I'm glad to have ya back here!!!:D
Now, the reason for my mood!!! As most of you know by now, I have been spending every spare moment at the HH's trying to get everything done before opening night. A few days ago my husband and I got into a roaring fight about the time I've been spending away from home (this usually happens about the same time each year) he managed to make me feel guilty, so I came straight home from my "real" job so I could spend time with my family....guess who just got home??????? I am beyond furious right now!!! The whole reason for me coming home, was to spend time as a "family"....ummmm...hello...someone was MISSING!!!!!

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Uh Oh!!! Hope you guys got this worked out. Did he know you were coming home early to spend time with the family? If so then SHAME SHAME on him, if he did not know.........uhhhhhh then I hope you are cooled down today. :)

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Yeah, the big idiot knew!!!:mad: I'm going to the HH right after work today, and tomorrow, and I'll be there all day Thursday!!
Sorry, Susie homemaker has left the building!!

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Ahhhhh then that was deliberate and bad bad bad on his part!

How much longer do you have to work on the HH? Man I tried SOOO hard to talk Kayla into going into the haunted mansion with me in Gatlinburg and she would not go! I was not going in by myself! LOL Ahhh maybe next time! :)

yooperchick

Registered Member
I went into a HH when I was kid and I will never go again. It wasn't that it was scary or I didn't like it ...but a strobe light in one of the dark rooms got to me. I felt sick. I've never understood it, so I try to avoid places where the only light is provided by a strobe light.

It sounds like so much fun to work on a HH. From the pictures I saw on another post, you do a heck of a lot of work!!

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
yooperchick said:
I went into a HH when I was kid and I will never go again. It wasn't that it was scary or I didn't like it ...but a strobe light in one of the dark rooms got to me. I felt sick. I've never understood it, so I try to avoid places where the only light is provided by a strobe light.

It sounds like so much fun to work on a HH. From the pictures I saw on another post, you do a heck of a lot of work!!
A lot of people get sick from the strobe lights, I think it's similar to motion sickness. On the plus side, most places don't use them anymore, so give the HH's in your area another try...I think you'll be amazed at how much they've changed since you were a kid!!
And YES!!! It is a ton of fun to work in one (hey that rhymes) one of the ones I'm working on opens this week and the stress level is very-very high!! It's the same way every year...I spent 16 hours there on Saturday and 10 at another one yesterday....I LOVE this time of year!!!!:D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
English-Emo-Boy Bathroom Wall 34