Crabbing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TGirl, Aug 17, 2005.

1. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

My hubby, daughter and I went on a family vacation with my side of the family.....three of my brothers and their wives and kids also.....

We went to the Oregon Coast....Was so pretty but a bit nipply....We set up camp and it was just so much fun!! but Where one of my brother made the reservations at the coast..I could not see beach...not on the way there and not when we got there....I was like "WHERE IS IT?"

So we desided we were going to go Crabbing...hahahah BAhahahaha ok i never done this before...(I am a fisherman) So here we drop our crab baskets in the ocean bay and wait a bit and pull them up again....YEAHHHHHHHHHHH three crabs...ohhhh we have to pick them up???? hahahah aaaaaaaaa okayyyyyyyy so I grab one of course the wrong way and I get my pinky bit off...naaaaa but sure felt like it....so here is TRINA Screamin like a little girl "OMG OMG OMG GET IT OFF ME GET IT OFF ME NOWWWWWWWWWWW!!! SCRETCHHHHHH" hahahahaha ok so finaly I learn how to pick them up right....which almost is no better cuz their back legs come around and like latch onto you....uggggggggg ohhhhhhhh the horrible feeling ......all in all after thre days of Crabbing there was only 5 big enough to keep that were male......Can't keep the HUGE females! So we all got a leg hahahahah

Ok then we desided we were going to go Clamming....Hahahaha Bahahahah again....I never done this before either so what I learned is to do this you need the right aquiptment and on top of that you have to go when the tide is going out...not coming in...so leave it to my brothers to show me how its done......We didn't get ONE clam!

So What I am thankful for is the experience and the nice camping trip, The camp fires, These times when I feel closest to my hubby, the 40 degree sleeping bags my hubby bought before we left.....but most of all Grocery stores at the Coast lines....hahahahahhaah cuz we were not catching any dinner!!!! hahahahahah Bahahahahahah

Ok that was my weekend!!! lol Thought I would share!

~Trina~

2. Msbabedoll

Msbabedoll Registered Member

And that sounds like SOOO much fun!! Did ya'll camp in a tent or a camper?

3. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

Ohhh we were in tents.....was so much fun!!!

4. Msbabedoll

Ohhhh Lord!! If I go camping I NEED a camper! LOL UGH tents.........shiver........lol

5. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

You know...everyone else froze cept me and hubby.....those 40 degree sleeping bags kept us cozy!!! heheheeheh another reason to cuddle up!!!!!

6. Msbabedoll

Mmmmmm yeah, and ya know this morning I scooch over to cuddle up to hubby and BAM he thinks ITS ON! Gheezzz can't guys EVER just cuddle!!??

7. Julie

Julie Registered Member

Man, I would give anything for that cold weather! LUCKY!! It's been nasty hot here lately...actually thinking about calling rent-a-center to rent a window A/C unit to help keep this place cooler during the day. We've got central A/C...but it still gets way up there every afternoon. It's been over 100 everyday lately...and humidity that just sucks the air right out of ya. YUCK!

Anyways...I will now have to sit & envision those colder temps! Sounds nice! And sounds like ya had fun!

8. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

Hahahah Not with my hubby...its the opposite with us...If I scooch over to cuddle he thinks I am up to something...hahahahahah Bahahahaha
    Trina <~~~~ Passing out Testosterone to all the women...I have to much...always ready to shag!!!

9. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Did you eat any of the crabs? I have had it a few times and it's pretty good. Not my favorite sea food, but it's definitely a repeat and one I would recommend. :)

As for clams, the only time I have had those is in Clam Chouder, which is one of my favorite soups.

I never cought any crabs or clams though. That does sound like a very fun day. :)

10. iggyshotthebear

iggyshotthebear Registered Member

Andrew,
    Ya know, I think I'd be really careful of your choice of words around here... But we are certainly glad that you never caught crabs ROFLMFAOOOOO!