cpu error

Discussion in 'Computers' started by wisari, Jun 21, 2008.

1. wisari

wisari New Member

when I turn on my Pc every time it says CPU error and if i want to boot i must push F1 button. what do u think this happens and how can i fix this.
    any help plz.:)

2. EXQEX9

EXQEX9 Yep.

What happens when you push F1? Does it work? Does it go to safe mode?

3. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

What kind of computer do you have, how much RAM, and what kind of motherboard/processor?

4. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

Well if the computer boots up every time I wouldn't worry about it too much if pressing F1 works to get it going.

If it doesn't work possibly a bad processor or motherboard.

Do you know the specs of your computer?

5. wisari

wisari New Member

look my pc is intel pentium 4 2.56Ghz 1GB ram memory
    as I sad when i start my pc and I always push F1 to boot to XP and it normally boot without any problem so i would like to eleminate this not to push every time F1 just to boot normally

6. dDave

it probably has something to do with what is selected in the boot sequence or bios system boot memory.

I can't help you fix this though cause I've never had this problem before.

7. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

You need to turn your computer on and find the option to boot to your BIOS.

Once in there you'll find an option for boot sequence. Set your hard drive to the first option, disk drive to the second, and so on.

8. wisari

wisari New Member

I've set the option to first boot to HDD and it doesn't boot if i donnt push F1 and when I push F1 it normally boot to XP so i donnt know
    maybe the processor is not working so good or I may reset the bios what do u think?

9. dDave

I'll warn you, do not reset the bios unless you know exactly what you are doing in there, my computer that I recently built, i had to do the bios setup from scratch and let me tell you it was so hard and it took a long time for me to figure out what I was doing in there, i had to do a lot of research just to find out what some things were.

10. wisari

wisari New Member

ok then thanks for that