• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

CPDRC's Inmate Development Program

What do you think about CPDRC's system?

• Good Idea, worth trying in my country

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good Idea, but wouldn't work in my country

• Bad Idea, jail isn't supposed to be fun

• Bad Idea, there are better programs out there

• Indifferent, I don't care one way or another

• Total voters

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
You might have seen videos of these guys in the past. I was looking into them some more today and it looks like this jail in the Philippines has developed an entire program around music.

The director of the prison said he was inspired by the music scene in Shawshank Redemption. The people in this prison are among the most dangerous criminals in Cebu including murderers, rapists, etc, but since introducing the music routines to the prisoners daily activities, gang related incidents in the prison have stopped and the people have become much more friendly with each other.

Here's a very interesting documentary on the prison and the warden:

YouTube - Jailhouse Rock - Philippines

If you watch that video, you'll even see the popular Canon Rock by JerryC being danced to.

And here's some of the more popular videos they've put out since implementing this program.

YouTube - JAI HO (Remix) HIGH QUALITY

YouTube - "Thriller" (original upload)

So, what do you think about this idea? Do you think it is something you'd like to see implemented in prisons in your country, and do you think it would work?