• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cowboys release Miles Austin

Sabby

Per @ESPNNFL: "UPDATE: The Dallas Cowboys have officially released WR Miles Austin and designated him a June 1 cut"

Sabby

I really liked Austin in his first 2 seasons...then he started dating Kim Kardashian and lost his smile :lol: Hopefully he can regain his form, he's a very talented player

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Sabby said:
I really liked Austin in his first 2 seasons...then he started dating Kim Kardashian and lost his smile :lol: Hopefully he can regain his form, he's a very talented player
Like I said in the Ware thread, I feel that Austin is overrated because he plays for the Cowboys. At the same time, he'd probably be underrated league-wide in almost any other market. I like him and wish the Cowboys kept him, but I'm eager to see what they do to replace him.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
The Panthers might want to take a run at Austin. There was simply no room for him in Dallas, but he would definitely have a chance to re-emerge as a very good player in Carolina.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
As soon as Dez Bryant became the man then it would be downhill from there for Austin. Austin was the third go-to guy, if that, on the Cowboys. Not all sad that he's gone.

I assume Terrance Williams is now officially the second wide out to Bryant next season(sort of was this year) unless Dallas signs someone. Not a big fan of Williams, either though.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
I'm shocked that this got a thread before Lamarr Woodley getting released got a thread. I guess I should have created it, but anway, back to the topic. He is no longer a number 1 option. Probably not even a #2. #3, at best.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
TheAngrySportsGuy NFL 0
Babe_Ruth NFL 2
Babe_Ruth NFL 17
Millz NFL 22
Babe_Ruth NFL 5