• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cowboys PS player dies in wreck, teammate charged

BigBob

Registered Member
DALLAS -- Dallas Cowboys nose tackle Josh Brent was arrested early Saturday morning for intoxication manslaughter after a one-vehicle accident that killed teammate Jerry Brown.

Irving police spokesman John Argumaniz said the accident happened about 2:20 a.m. Saturday in the Dallas suburb. Brent was speeding when the vehicle hit a curb and flipped at least once, Argumaniz said.

Argumaniz says the 25-year-old Brown was found unresponsive at the scene and pronounced dead at a hospital.

Brent, a three-year veteran, was booked in the Irving, Texas city jail at 4:14 a.m. Saturday morning.

Brown was signed to the Cowboys' practice squad earlier this season. He was also Brent's college teammate at Illinois.

"We are deeply saddened by the news of this accident and the passing of Jerry Brown," Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said in a statement. "At this time, our hearts and prayers and deepest sympathies are with the members of Jerry's family and all of those who knew him and loved him."
Definitely sad.

No need to be driving when your drunk.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Definitely terrible news.

RIP

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Horrible news, one young man is dead and the others life is screwed up from now on just because he decided to drive drunk and too fast.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Wow I just heard that this player when to a high school in St. Louis, Vashon. He went on to play for the Illini.

It's always tragic and senseless to hear about something like this that could have been avoided.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Oh crap he went to Vashon? That's crazy.

To be honest I've not heard of either guy but this is definitely horrible.

RIP.

Impact

V.I.P.
Horrible news. Apparently the guy had a record of drunk driving. Hope he feels terrible about it.