Cow urine the new taste sensation

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
JUST when you thought we were milking the cow for all it's worth, along comes a fresh idea: cow urine as a fizzy drink.

No, it's not a stunt. India's Hindu nationalist movement, the Cow Protection Department of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), says the drink is in the final stages of development.

The Times reports head of the department Om Prakash as saying the drink - called "gau jal", or "cow water" - in Sanskrit was undergoing laboratory tests and would be launched "very soon, maybe by the end of this year".

"Don't worry, it won't smell like urine and will be tasty too," he told The Times. "Its USP will be that it's going to be very healthy. It won't be like carbonated drinks and would be devoid of any toxins."

The Times reports the drink is the latest attempt to cleanse India of foreign influence and promote its ideology of Hindutva, or Hindu-ness.
Source: Cow urine the new taste sensation as India markets it as a soft drink | World News | News.com.au

What the hell? Anyone want to every try that?

I don't think I would, just too weird.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Absolutely not. That's just sick. I don't even care if they make sure all the poisons are out of it, I wouldn't even drink Mountain Dew if it said "Cow Urine" or even "Cow Dew" on the label.

I'll stick to stuff that hasn't already been through that... process. :shocked:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
No thanks. I think I might gag just knowing what I'm drinking. However, I'd be curious how it will be produced and to see drinker's reaction. Maybe if everyone says it's good, I might actually give it a try and taste it just to see for myself (but I would have to like its smell first). I hope it's really nutritious as they say. :hah:

Iris

rainbow 11!
Ew. I don't think I will ever drink that. I will stick with sweet tea thank you very much

wooly

I am the woolrus
Am i the only weirdo here that would try it for free?

I mean, every glass of water you drink has already been drank by someone/something else. So with that in mind the idea of this drink doesn't really phase me much.

I'm pretty damn curious to be honest!

Stab-o-Matic5000

Cutting Edge in Murder
This reminds me of the Futurama episode where they find out how Slurm is made.

"Milk comes from a cow's behind, honey comes from a bee's behind, and have you ever used toothpaste?"

"Whose behind does that come from?"

"You don't wanna know."