• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
NASHPORT, Ohio (AP) — A couple who held hands at breakfast every morning even after 70 years of marriage have died 15 hours apart.

Helen Felumlee, of Nashport, died at 92 on April 12. Her husband, 91-year-old Kenneth Felumlee, died the next morning.

Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
I think its amazing anymore when a marriage lasts this long. A lot of people won't even live 70 years much less be in love with the same person that long. I would like to know how they did it. I imagine it takes mutual respect, honesty, lots of love, kindness and a deep devotion to each other.

I actually knew someone married for almost this long and when one went it wasn't about 3 weeks until the other one died. I guess at that age the heartbreak is just too much when you still love that person.

Think you will ever have a relationship like this? or last even close to this long?

Last edited:

wolfheart

Registered Member
I would really like to think that I could find someone to spend the rest of my days with, someone who I could love and love me back more and more each day.
Will that happen I have no idea, but can't be a bad thing to hope can it.

I known what you mean about people being together for this amount of time being rare now, my parents celebrated fifty years of marriage just before Christmas, I had a hell of job finding a fiftieth anniversary card, one of the shops I tried said they don't even stock them the demand is that low.

After 70 years together I'm not surprissed that one passed so soon after the other.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I guess it is rare for someone to be married for even 50 years anymore. I do know a couple of people that have been married for that long. One thing people are waiting later to get married or they are married multiply times. I've known people to get a divorce after being married for 40 years. I think Al Gore and Tipper were married for that long when they divorced.

wolfheart

Registered Member
I know some couples that didn't even make it past a year before they filled for divorce.
One couple spent well over 20 grand on the wedding and we're divorced within eighteen months,I think some people get married for wrong reasons now, rather than to share a life together.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I do too or they just jump into it too fast before they get to really know the person they are marrying or didn't want to see the real person they were marrying because they were in love. If you are even thinking of marriage you really need to get the blinders off and take a close look at what you are getting then be honest with yourself. If you don't like what you see don't count on changing them.

Taliesin

Registered Member
My Grandparents were married for 75 years before Pa passed away last year. They did everything together. They worked together, they traveled around Australia together, and they raised five sons together. They had a full life.

Nana's still with us, and still going strong. She's in her 90s. She doesn't talk about Pa much, and I'm certain that she misses him something awful, but she's also fully embracing each day as it comes along. I think it's amazing that anyone would continue to have such a zeal for living after having lost the most significant person in their life.

It makes you think.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
This is really sweet. You hear stories of long-married couples dying close together but I've never heard of them dying 15 hours apart. I hope they found some kind of afterlife together.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
I know it's old, but this thread needs a soundtrack:

FYI - These are the kinds of stories that make me ACTUALLY jealous. Like actually. Since there have been several mistaken ideas imposed on me on occasion regarding such things (TMI).