Country

Discussion in 'Music' started by Hoosier_Daddy, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

Any Hillbillies here?

I must be getting mellow in my old age because country music is becoming more and more appealing to me.

Hoosier.

2. Corona

Corona Registered Member

I hate all country music it should die a horrible death in the burning pits of hell.

:)

3. Hoosier_Daddy

Ant particular reason you dislike it so much?

Hoosier.

4. Icyblackflame

Icyblackflame Registered Member

Eck. I hate country because we have to listen to it for the 40 mintes it takes us to get to school both GOING and COMING BACK from school (= 80mins a day. Rediculous, no?). The station my bus driver plays ONLY plays songs where the basic message is, "I'm a stupid hillbilly, and I'm poud." As in, praising themselves for being idiots. I hate THAT kind of country. However, there are some songs that I love to death, but I cannot pinpoint them out. On that station, they'd play around one song a day that I adored, but they almost never said the names of the songs or the artists.

However, outside of that station (I suppose), there are some other songs that I like that I have heard elsewhere (I don't listen to the radio).

A few songs is not enough to say that I like the genre as a whole. I'm with Corona. Country can get raped by a penguin and stuffed down into a sewer where it dies a slow and torturous death by the mutant banana God for all I care.
    -Icy

5. Malificus

Malificus Likes snow

I heart a few country songs, but generally dislike the majority of them.

6. Corona

Corona Registered Member

Much of it is the exact same whining about a dead dog or dying truck or lost girlfriend, and the rest is patriotic bullcrap.

7. Icyblackflame

Icyblackflame Registered Member

Well said, my friend! All of 'em are talking about either Bonnie or Betty Lou >.>
    -Icy

On the contrary...Hoosier, Why do you like it so much now? (Other than you getting older >.>)
    -Icy

8. Hoosier_Daddy

As opposed to getting high, getting laid, or busting a cap in someones ass.

Hoosier.

9. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Good point, Hoosier. Which is why I shun most mainstream music. *Nods.*

I only like one country song, Don't Take the Girl by Time McGraw. T.T That song makes me cry.

10. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I don't hate it, but I don't prefer it. I will admit that some songs are pretty good. It's just the fact that so many people dislike country that makes you ashamed.

I am surprised and pissed off that the Dixie Chicks have made their way onto the Yahoo! list of ROCK music videos. Same with Keith Urban. Seriously, what the hell?