Countries flag

Discussion in 'Ideas & Support' started by DinoFlintstone, Nov 18, 2008.

1. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

I was wondering if... ... ...

Instead of or as well as a British Flag which some British people don't like, can we have our separate nations flag:
    Scotland, Ireland, England, Wales.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]The flag of Scotland is the Saltire[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The 'X' represent the crucifixion of Saint Andrew, the patron Saint of Scotland. He did not think himself worthy of being crucified the same way as Christ.
    [​IMG]

And since it's nearly Saint Andrews day, it would be an appropriate flag to have.

Aye?
    No?
    Maybe aye?
    Maybe no?

Maybe I didn't treat you
    Quite as good as I should have
    Maybe I didn't love you
    Quite as often as I could have
    Little things I should have said and done
    I just never took the time

You were always on my mind

Tell me, tell me that your sweet love hasn't died
    Give me, give me one more chance
    To keep you satisfied, satisfied

Maybe I didn't hold you
    All those lonely, lonely times
    And I guess I never told you
    I'm so happy that you're mine
    If I make you feel second best
    Girl, I'm sorry I was blind

Tell me, tell me that your sweet love hasn't died
    Give me, give me one more chance
    To keep you satisfied, satisfied

Little things I should have said and done
    I just never took the time
    You are always on my mind
    You are always on my mind

2. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

yeah and throw in the irish while you're at it! at least you get a flag :p

edit:
    hehe whoops, you said irish! aww, somebody knows we exist.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  3. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

4. DinoFlintstone

Alas, I fear that the function has been disabled due to misuse, but still, it would be nice to get the saltire in.

5. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

The problem is it is all done automaticaly via IP address.

Even if you are in Scotland the ISP sub-net mask proxy thingy may be miles away, even in England. You would not want a St Georges cross!
    Have a look where the web thinks you are located? What is My IP, ISP, User Agent and Proxy IP | Spyber.com

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I thought the automatic setting was for first time use only. Meaning, even if I go to the US and post from there, I still get to keep my French flag.

Hybrix can manually set the flags for those with ? so maybe he could do the same thing for the UK cases and have the individual flags of member countries to come out instead.

7. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

i think the whole individual flags for scotland, england ireland and wales is a great idea to be honest! not so general as the union jack! :)

8. princessbella

princessbella Registered Member

i love our flag, and the whole seperate flags for each england ireland scotland n wales is great gives us individuality aswell as being united

9. DinoFlintstone

Personally, I can't stand the Union Jack. It was a flag of pride, then stolen by racists, and I think has been claimed back over the years, but here in Scotland it's more associated with Rangers supporters... which I'm not. I'm a Celtic supporter.

10. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

That's pretty much it.

For all official purposes the flags are simply pulled from an IP database which for reasons I do not know, only includes the UK as one region. Individual countries within the UK are not included and I don't know why.

Now, maybe I can code something that allows UK members to narrow down on a more specific country but I'd hate to do it manually since first of all it goofs things up, and secondly I imagine I'd have to do it for a lot of people.

Something might be able to be worked out though but right now I'm trying to do some other things at the moment. Bananas pretty much summed it up though.