• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Counting Steps With Fitness Apps

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you use Any fitness apps to track your activity? I have been trying to get in better shape and be more active lately and I've been using the built in Apple Fitness app. I'm sure Android has something too?

In the past 7 days, I've averaged 7.72 miles and 16,105 steps a day, a.k.a. 54 miles and 112,735 steps for the week. This is greatly out of the ordinary for me, but it was a personal goal I set for myself and have been working towards for the past month.

My legs aren't liking me for this but I can go much further and faster now than when I started.

How many steps and miles does your app say you do a day, and do you want to improve this number? If so, post your stats this week and then follow up in a week and try to beat what you posted now. :)

Personal records are always fun to beat!

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
A couple years ago when I was walking every day I used an app called Map My Route or something like that. I don't think it kept track of steps. I mainly just used it to track distance.

I'm kind of tempted to get a FitBit though. Everyone in my family uses one and I think it's a good way to motivate you to reach goals.

I wish I had one when I hiked the PCT a few years back. I estimate I averaged 45,000-50,000 steps a day, if not more, for 3 months straight.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have the FitBit Flex and while it doesn't have some of the bells and whistles like the heart rate monitor it does more than enough for me.

Rebecca and I did a half marathon over a week ago and I think I ended up with over 30,000 steps that day but normally I am around 10K or so...usually a little bit under. I take a walk during the day for a break but being in an office makes it tougher to get higher walk totals.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I downloaded "PACER", which I think is easy to use and quite practical. It requires no internet (which I think is great). Today was my first day of using it. Until now I've made 11483 steps which equals to more than 300 calories, around 2 hours of walking. (5 miles).

Now I'm heading to the gym to burn more ... lol.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
11,000 is quite good, Elly. I like to try and hit the recommended 10K everyday but sometimes its tough...especially when it rains.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just got the FitBit blaze and I like it a lot. One of the main reasons I got it was to monitor my sleep since it can be pretty bad at times. For example, I apparently woke up three times last night and was restless 18 times.

I set it up on Saturday, and on Sunday I had around 18 thousand steps or so.

Also, I used it at the gym for the first time yesterday and it was pretty cool.