• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Could you handle being a celebrity?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
So, what say you? Do you think you could handle being a celebrity? Always being in the lime light, paparazzi always taking photos of you and your family, being in the public eye all the time.

What are your thoughts?

TORHABSFAN

Nope. I would have no intrest in being famous. I am a family man and family and fame don't seem to mix well.

Pluse I am impolsive and I am not affraid to speak my mind. Again that isn't something that seems to mix well with fame. If I was a hockey a pro athlete I am sure I would be suspended all the time for saying shit like. "Get off your knees ref you're blowing the game" just as an example.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I think I could but would probably remain single until I get off my drinking binge lol. Having my drunken ass posted on the cover of a magazine don't bother me at all as I'm sure if I was drunk enough for my picture to be taken..I sure had a hell of a time.

knickstape2107

Registered Member
I think I could. I'm only 13 and love basketball. I love watching and playing it. It's my passion. I'd love to be in the NBA. And I am gonna work hard to get there one day. I do think I'd get a lot of techs though fir getting mad at ref and floppers like LeBron and Harden.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
The paparazzi wouldn't be standing on two legs for long...

I guess it depends on the "celebrity" status. I'd think pro-sports players have it better and easier than a movie celebrity.

I would probably pay off 10 people to stalks and take pictures of certain paparazzi members until they get pissed off and try to file a lawsuit...

Konshentz

Konshentz
No. Not at all. As much as I love money, I equally hate people. I couldn't handle being constantly hounded by fans, critics and paparazzi.

It depends, I guess. Here in Quebec, people are not as hectic with celebrities than they are in the United States. But still, not sure if I could handle the fame for so long. You gotta be surrounded with great people to help you deal with that.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
EdgeHead said:
It depends, I guess. Here in Quebec, people are not as hectic with celebrities than they are in the United States. But still, not sure if I could handle the fame for so long. You gotta be surrounded with great people to help you deal with that.
I think that may be a Canadian thing. I've had run ins with Fred Ewanuick and Nancy Robertson, Hank and Wanda respectively from Corner Gas; and they weren't being hassled fans. I guess one could say that Corner Gas was a cult comedy show, so maybe a lot of people don't/didn't know who they were. But I met Prevail from Swollen Members at the Quiksilver store in Downtown Vancouver during the peak of SM's career - 2005 - and again, didn't see anyone hassling him or taking pictures of him or even asking for autographs. I think the celebrity worship is more of a Hollywood phenomenon.

Anyways, to answer the question, for me, it would be a crap and shoot. I'd enjoy the money and the perks of being rich and famous... but since I'm not much of a people person, it probably wouldn't be the career for me.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Crypticshock said:
The paparazzi wouldn't be standing on two legs for long...

I guess it depends on the "celebrity" status. I'd think pro-sports players have it better and easier than a movie celebrity.

I would probably pay off 10 people to stalks and take pictures of certain paparazzi members until they get pissed off and try to file a lawsuit...
I think you're right. In the US, I feel like pro athletes aren't treated the same as actors and singers in terms of being a celebrity. I've always had the vibe that it's different in Europe though, and that soccer players are treated like legit celebrities.