Could you go out with a cheater

Discussion in 'Dating & Relationships' started by Babe_Ruth, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Let's say your starting a new relationship with this guy or girl, after a few weeks of dating he/she tells you that is last relationship ended because he/she cheated.

Would you stay with this person or not, afraid that he/she would cheat on you as well.

2. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I would spend the rest of our relationship worrying about history repeating itself. If he didn't have enough morals not to stray once, what would stop him from doing it again?
    I honestly don't think I could date a cheater.

3. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

Since I wouldn't have any idea why he cheated (unless he told me) I would assume that it had nothing to do with me or our current relationship.

4. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I don't think I could. I think I would continue to date her but I would worry about her cheating on me.

If she cheated on her last partner, what's to stop her from doing it to me?

5. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

Unless his cheating effects me or our current relationship directly, what's done in the past is in the past as far as I'm concerned. Every relationship is different.

AngelsPeak likes this.
  6. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I agree every relationship is different. I've cheated on girlfriend's in the past that has nothing to do with my marriage now.

7. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

I will give my man the benefit of the doubt. What's in the past is in the past and I will trust him with all my heart. I will never doubt him or accuse him of anything.

But having said that, if I do find proof that he did then cheat on me, he is out on the first strike!!:nono:

8. k3rm0r

k3rm0r Registered Member

i dont realy care abouth the past of someone i whould date. To some extend yeah. But ppl learn from their mistakes.. So yes i whould go out with a cheater..

9. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't think I could . 90% no.
    But don't know what may happen. It depends on how much he regretted it and if it was something inevitable or "reasonable".

10. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

I would stay with them. As people have said before me, "every relationship is different," however if the person cheated on me... that's a different story.