• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Could tattoo's give you cancer?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
  • Scientists called for more research and regulation into tattoo inks
  • Say nanoparticles of ink could accumulate in spleen and kidneys
  • Scientists warn 'no doubt substances can be toxic'
Could your tattoo give you cancer? Scientists fear toxins from ink could enter the blood and accumulate in your major organs | Mail Online
If this is true then I think some of the same regulations like is on tobacco should be in place like it can't be sold to or used by minors. I never dreamed agents such as mercury would be in tattoo ink. Anyone even considering a tattoo should take this into consideration before you do.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
Oh boy. this makes me nervous. I just got my third one two weeks ago. I guess I'll be a living experiment.

danwiz

Registered Member
I recently heard that you cannot go into an MRI if you have tattoos. Not 100% sure if this is true, but if so, then there are one hell of a lot of people around who will never be able to utilize this amazing piece of medical hardware.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I recently heard that you cannot go into an MRI if you have tattoos. Not 100% sure if this is true, but if so, then there are one hell of a lot of people around who will never be able to utilize this amazing piece of medical hardware.
Considering how many professional athletes are covered in tattoos, and the number of MRI's athletes have to get due to injury, I doubt it's a serious issue.

The cancer thing wouldn't surprise me, though I'm guessing the risk is very small. Still, this is what can happen when foreign substances enter the body.