• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Could Obama be forced to produce it?

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
I love this topic, so here we go again! :lol:

Arizona is considering legislation that would force Obama to produce his original long form birth certificate in order to be eligible to run for re-election.

Game-changer! Arizona to pass 2012 eligibility law

I think this is a great idea and I hope it passes and can be enforced. What do you think?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Mod Post:

The last time we had this discussion it got really heated. Please behave yourself or we'll start handing infractions. We know this is a touchy subject, so let's act our age. Remember we're in the "Mature Discussions" area.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
To be honest with you I don't know what he produced or didn't produce. I read somewhere he produced something that was all he could get because Hawaii didn't have the original or something to that extent.

In the interest of full disclosure I believe he is an American citizen and was born in Hawaii. However, not only is there a Constitutional requirement that anyone running for the office of POTUS must be a natural born citizen, showing proof of citzenship is a requirement for just about any job. I had to provide a Social Security card when I began employement and at times have had to provide my brith certificate. Up until recently I had to produce a birth certificate just to come back across if I went to Mexico. I think there was a thread about having your birth certificate recently and I said I keep a ceritified wallet sized copy in my truck. I just don't see why this is something that is so hard to produce.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
It is not hard to produce, if it exists! I have mine (somewhere), and I could get a new notarized copy of it at the county in no time at all. My father-in-law (who disagrees with me on this subject BTW :lol:) recently applied for an enhanced drivers license and tried to use the same document that Obama is trying to pass of as proof and they would not accept it! He was told anyone with a computer could print something like that out and he had to go to the county to get a copy of the original!
------
Here is an interesting development:

YouTube - Abercrombie Admits There Are No Obama Birth Records In Hawaii

Then a few days later he took it all back.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-he-never-talked-hawaii-governor-obama-birth/

It seems he was pretty adamant about it when he was shooting his mouth off. I wonder what happened to make him retract his pretty clear statements?

Last edited:

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I love this topic, so here we go again! :lol:

Arizona is considering legislation that would force Obama to produce his original long form birth certificate in order to be eligible to run for re-election.

Game-changer! Arizona to pass 2012 eligibility law

I think this is a great idea and I hope it passes and can be enforced. What do you think?

It sounds so incredibly reasonable I wish every state would pass it. You're interviewing for the most powerful job in the world, the least we could ask is for you to bring the paperwork on a level that is required for any upper management slot.
Sure the guy's a citizen. So, just go get the damn papers and put it to rest.

Shwa

V.I.P.
Even though the argument is over his naturalization status, he still is President of the United States. Trying to find some excuse to prevent him for running for re-elections dude to his birth status is just low. As far as I know, he won the election fair and square, even when McCain conceded, and he served as a U.S senator prior to that. He had the required amount of time and experience to run and the results are shown, he won.

Besides, do you really wanna put Joe Biden in the chair if he runs? Don't worry, I'll wait...

~Shwa

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
@ Shwa: How is it "low" to ask a presidential candidate to produce the same document required to obtain a passport? It would seem to me that it should be part of the process just to get your name on the ballot.

I don't think we have to worry about Biden, I doubt that democrats would vote for that gaffe machine. I'm suprised he can even walk with one foot in his mouth all the time.

Last edited:

Shwa

V.I.P.
@ Shwa: How is it "low" to ask a presidential candidate to produce the same document required to obtain a passport? It would seem to me that it should be part of the process just to get your name on the ballot.
You can obtain a passport by providing other documentations proving that you are that person and yada yada yada, just by not providing one piece of personal information doesn't mean there are not several ways around it. It's like getting a drivers license. You need only 2 documents with photo I.D, but they can be anything as long as they're government approved. That could be and ID badge from work, Military I.D, State I.D, Old Driver's License, A Passport, etc.

My point is, just because he didn't show one piece of document, doesn't mean he doesn't have anything as a back up just in case. But going after the guy for one piece of documentation is kinda desperate.

~Shwa

Last edited: