Could Knicks Make Another Run At Kobe?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
M

mlh1981

The Lakers need to make this trade. Don't make the same mistake that the Sixers did with Iverson. Trade Kobe while you still can and while he's still in his prime. Also, if you want around, teams will know that you're desperate. They need another major superstar. They have to justify charging those outrageous courtside seat prices at the Staples Center, and fans aren't gonna show up to see Lamar Odom, Brian Cook, and Andrew Bynum. Get another superstar, or at the very least, 2 good players. Thats where the Knicks come up on the short end. What two players are you gonna get? A trade to the Bulls makes more sense. Get people like Ben Gordon and Luol Deng. Those are a couple of decent pieces to build around, much more so than the likes of Marbury/Crawford/QRich, etc

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
First off it's going to be very hard to trade Kobe for a couple of seasons, he's very expensive, and the Lakers organization don't want to trade the best player in the world. I think Kobe is going to come around, and he'll play with the Lakers this season, he was frustrated at the Lakers for not doing anything, but I still believe they a decent team to make the playoffs. This is what I think they should do, Kobe should just play and lets see how many wins they can get till the trading deadline, and if they're in contention then they make a splash at the deadline. I don't see the Lakers trading Kobe anytime soon.

Z

Zanthrax54

The Lakers need to make this trade. Don't make the same mistake that the Sixers did with Iverson. Trade Kobe while you still can and while he's still in his prime. Also, if you want around, teams will know that you're desperate. They need another major superstar. They have to justify charging those outrageous courtside seat prices at the Staples Center, and fans aren't gonna show up to see Lamar Odom, Brian Cook, and Andrew Bynum. Get another superstar, or at the very least, 2 good players. Thats where the Knicks come up on the short end. What two players are you gonna get? A trade to the Bulls makes more sense. Get people like Ben Gordon and Luol Deng. Those are a couple of decent pieces to build around, much more so than the likes of Marbury/Crawford/QRich, etc
The only problem with what you are saying about the possible bulls trade is that the Lakers and Bulls were already in negotiations and they could not come to terms of a deal b.c. they were not willing to part with both Gordon and Deng...Deng is a MUST KEEP and Gordon is a MUST DUMP if you are bringing in Kobe, then you don't need Gordon anymore anyway. In the meantime Deng is developing into one of the more elite players at his position. I'd love to see us send Gordon, Nocioni, Duhon, and a first round pick in next year's draft to the Lakers for Kobe, but I don't think they'd go for that.