• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

"Could homosexuals hate/despise one another as a person?

Shwa

V.I.P.
What I mean by that is can they hate somone for who they are?

The thought's been on my mind for a while. I'm a gay who's been brought up tough and know how to handle/defend myself in any situation even after going though Marine Corps training. Even when I descovered about my homosexuality it was this story that scaredme shitless, I'm not sure if you remember it but I was (if I remember correctly) in 5-6th grade when I saw this on television:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Shepard

I fear no staight man, but always I feel like homosexuals are bashed because everyone believes them to be girly, weak, helpless, on their knees for fun male whore, AIDS spreaders, all in all defenseless. You can imagine what this does to you at such a young age seeing the abuse on reenacments on MTV and ABC movies. I despise gays that are girly, fahionable and act like steriotypes. Its a sign they think that no one can hurt them or they are greater than everyone else. I even call them faggots! But I always think is it because they may have had an easier upbringing than me or is it the fact they make gays like me who try their best to adapt to life have to work harder for some respect?

I dunno, maybe I shouldn't even make a thread about it, but it just itches at the back of my brain constantly. I made this post in the "Ask Hoosier" section before I would make it public, so what does everyone else think?

~Shwa'

Shwa' I've got respect for ya bro! You are unafraid to be yourself and let others know who you really are.

As for the thread topic...I understand what ur saying and why you would feel that way. I do not have anything against homosexuality. I don't mind the homosexuals that are weaker physically and in persona.

tipsycatlover

Registered Member
First of all, thank you for your service in the Marines. Now that the niceties are out of the way....

You are not the first gay man I've run across who doesn't like the pansy-queens. A long time ago, a homosexual friend said that being queer (it was before the term gay became fashionable) was a celebration of masculinity, a total acceptance of the essence of maleness and that the feminine men rejected that celebration as they rejected their masculinity. They were, to him at least, not queer men, but parodies of women. Perhaps that's what you're getting, not a man who is attracted to a man, but a faked female who is unattrative to you, because well, women are sexually unattractive to you.

I wouldn't be too sensitive to the media portrayals of gay men because the whole point of those media portrayals is to make people sympathetic to the plight of the poor weak gay guy who needs society to stand up for him, being unable to do it for himself. The weak man needs hate crime statutes, and Unca Sam always watching his back, he can't do it for himself. While this does nothing really to help or protect gay men, it does help to maintain the power of those who are in power. If the media could portray us all as weak babies with a government tit in our mouths they'd do it. If the media wanted to really do something to protect gay men, they'd send them to some martial arts classes. Set up a foundation, call it "Actor and Others for Kicking Ass".

There's room enough in the world for everybody. Strong gay guys, weak gay guys, guys with tits and chicks with dicks. One has nothing to do with the other.

Shwa

V.I.P.
I wouldn't be too sensitive to the media portrayals of gay men because the whole point of those media portrayals is to make people sympathetic to the plight of the poor weak gay guy who needs society to stand up for him, being unable to do it for himself. The weak man needs hate crime statutes, and Unca Sam always watching his back, he can't do it for himself. While this does nothing really to help or protect gay men, it does help to maintain the power of those who are in power. If the media could portray us all as weak babies with a government tit in our mouths they'd do it. If the media wanted to really do something to protect gay men, they'd send them to some martial arts classes. Set up a foundation, call it "Actor and Others for Kicking Ass".

There's room enough in the world for everybody. Strong gay guys, weak gay guys, guys with tits and chicks with dicks. One has nothing to do with the other.
Ummmm, no. The government has nothing to do with the gay society except on how to debate whether or not we should be able to get legally married. Homosexuals should know on their own they need to defend themselves in a tough and demanding environment they're in. I leanred the hard way through arguments and fights, both won and loss, no one helped me and I turned out a guy. A simple, I know I like guys but I also remember I am one as well.

For homosexuals who think its funny or cute to act like women and be sensitive all the time, all I can say is f*** that s***. They probably forgot they have a penis conected to their body attached to some balls, wanting to be a woman is not something they were born as so deal with it. A perfect exaple of flammers: Crish Crocker....need I say more?

~Shwa'

tipsycatlover

Registered Member
The government has NO place at all in this controversy which is why I never mentioned the government at all. Or did you not notice? Or, do you think the media is government controlled? That's okay, so do I. Do you also think that celebrities are government agents? That's okay, so do I.

Hoosier_Daddy

Registered Member
The government has NO place at all in this controversy which is why I never mentioned the government at all. Or did you not notice? Or, do you think the media is government controlled? That's okay, so do I. Do you also think that celebrities are government agents? That's okay, so do I.
Yes, you did bring the government into this discussion.

The weak man needs hate crime statutes, and Unca Sam always watching his back, he can't do it for himself. While this does nothing really to help or protect gay men, it does help to maintain the power of those who are in power.

Your quote, not his. Now curb the condescensing tone please.

Hoosier.

SenatorB

J.S.P.S
I can understand realizing that you're gay isn't necessarily an immediate thing... however, I dont think that making that realization should change your personality completely... my being straight doesn't make me act a certain way except regarding who I'm sexually attracted to, I dont see how your (universal you, not you specifically) being gay would influence anything beyond your sexual attraction... certainly wouldn't cause you to suddenly change your personality drastically or have a lisp.

SuiGeneris

blue 3
well gays are seen as gurly because some of them do so.
So shouldn't every person alive seem gay by your logic? After all some people are gay, so everyone is gay.

Thats fool-hearty logic. Like you said, thats how stereotypes are started.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
There are always self-hating members of a group. Many gays probably hate the society and lifestyle they are in, either because of what it has become or they simply can't accept that they are gay due to societal pressures or identity issues.