Could Hitler Have Risen to Power without Scapegoating the Jews?

Gavik

Registered Member
I was thinking about this earlier today and thought it would make for good discussion.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
He could have scapegoated anyone. I don't think he could have gotten into power without blaming a non-German group. The anger was there, political power was up for the first party to channel it.

Corona

Registered Member
No; Hitler had to magnify, twist, and channel the German public opinion, he could have scapegoated others, but Germans were already distrustful of Jews, so they were the easiest target.

Duke1985

EatsApplePieShitsFreedom
It really could have been anyone, but Germany was in bad shape economicaly and all these jewish immigrants moved in and started doing well, better than alot of Germans, it made them an easy target.

As far as getting his seat of power, if he didn't have a scapegoat its hard to say how far he would have got on the power ladder.

Little known fact, Hitler was a house painter when he was young, french rebels would mime the painting motion as sign of defiance to the German occupiers.

M

MrCarolina77

That was a large part of the basis of his rising to power, I don't believe he would have.
Actually this hurt him a little bit. What REALLY brought him to power was going against the treaty of versaille. This was a HUGE part in helping him control the country.

It really could have been anyone, but Germany was in bad shape economicaly and all these jewish immigrants moved in and started doing well, better than alot of Germans, it made them an easy target.

As far as getting his seat of power, if he didn't have a scapegoat its hard to say how far he would have got on the power ladder.

Little known fact, Hitler was a house painter when he was young, french rebels would mime the painting motion as sign of defiance to the German occupiers.
Yeah but that does sound like a logical reason. He got into power because of his defiance against the treaty. Many of the Germans hated it and Hitler gave them pride and honor for their country.

Gavik

Registered Member
Actually this hurt him a little bit. What REALLY brought him to power was going against the treaty of versaille. This was a HUGE part in helping him control the country.

Yeah but that does sound like a logical reason. He got into power because of his defiance against the treaty. Many of the Germans hated it and Hitler gave them pride and honor for their country.
True. He could have just turned public hatred against the British and French (as he did anyway). He was a good enough orater to do so.

AYHJA

Registered Member
My believe in any event that if it can happen, it will happen...You can't assume that the means he took to his end was the only one available...

ermcool

Registered Member
I think it was a combination of anti-semitism, and his veiment opposition to the treaty which helped bring him to power. He seems to have had a genius, as some have pointed out, for scapegoating, and it could have been any group, but the jews fit better. Also, he did have anti-semetic influences via books and such.