Could be a copycat??

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by danilexi, Apr 7, 2005.

1. danilexi

danilexi Registered Member

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

He's not a copycat. He's the original!

That's a good idea that he has. He already sold 5, which means $50 bucks. Wonder how many he will sell?

3. SamusAran86

SamusAran86 Registered Member

That is just so weird, still makeing money off something he already sold!~!

4. kennon07

kennon07 Registered Member

Hey Guys, Check this out 5572804132. It's in totally bizarre. Somebody actually copied my entire auction, pictures words and all. Is there anything I can do about it? I want people to know it's not me!! Ideas anybody???? I'll be waiting to hear from ya'll. Blessings, Pam

He did change it to Pudding Man!! There is no pudding MAN!!!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  5. joyners

joyners Registered Member

6. kennon07

7. wolvergambit

wolvergambit Registered Member

I can't believe people have the nerve to steal and post someone's exact words, picture and such! What are they thinking??? They don't even try to hide it by rewording it at all. I'm sure Ebay will pull this, hopefully before the 3 days is up.

8. Marys454BB

Marys454BB Premium Member

A ton of people did that with mine too. I didn't mind cause it took some attention off of my auction. but the ones that used my dads picture I wasn't too happy with. I didn't report anyone though, People that watched my auction took care of the copy cats for me.

9. ilovemysteries

ilovemysteries Registered Member

Found the page where it says that this is illegal; it has a link to report dups

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidence/vero-image-text-theft.html

I reported it too, in case the person Pam reported to is asleep! Wanted to send THIEF!!!!! notes to the seller, but didn't want to take a chance that THAT was illegal.

They haven't shut down the pudding thief, but they shut down Ernie's new auction! (see first post on this thread)! What's going on!!!!!

It's still up there!
    Ignore the first 2 lines of my previous post - I didn't read an earlier one more carefully.

I want ebay to have an 800 #! I want action NOW!!!!

I reported it too, in case the person Pam reported to is asleep! Wanted to send THIEF!!!!! notes to the seller, but didn't want to take a chance that THAT was illegal.

They haven't shut down the pudding thief, but they shut down Ernie's new auction! (see first post on this thread)! What's going on!!!!!

LATER THAT MORNING
    It's still up there!
    I want ebay to have an 800 #! I want action NOW!!!![/QUOTE]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2005
  10. kennon07

Thank you so much!! I appreciate you doing that. I have gotten lots of emails about it and have others saying they reported it. But it's STILL there, I just don't get it. Last time I looked though the "Pudding Man", he's NOT my Pudding Man, had 0 bids. Where is Ebay?? What happened to Ernie?? I need an Ebay rule book, because it seems that the honest people are getting pulled and the others....... well you already know that. Thanks again to everybody for helping me out. I truly appreciate it, Pam