Costume Party Themes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boredie, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

Have you ever been to a themed party where you dressed up accordingly?

Every year we have a themed party which includes costumes, food, music, backdrops to match.
    Over the years we've had the following themes: China, Under the Sea, Colours, Out of Space, Countries, Black & White, Hawaii, History, Fairy Tales... Can't think of anymore.

Anyway they are real fun, seeing what everyone dressed up as and how they interpredted the theme idea.

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I just went to one in December. The theme was 80s. Everyone was dressed, 80s style! Remind me to show you my pic in LC. It was for my aunt's 40th birthday. She hired a band, who played songs from the 80s through the night. There was also a costume competition in the end. I made it as finalist and got some cash for shopping, haha. I don't think the food matched though (what would be an 80s food anyway, lol).

I like going to themed parties. Too bad that these days only kids have costume birthday parties.

3. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I went to a sports theme last year, it was mate's sixteenth. I dressed up as a footy player, long socks, footy shorts and not to mention that I was freezing cold, but the alcohol had a strong effect to me, it warmed me up. :p

4. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah, I have been to afew of these and they are always good fun. Afew themes I can think of that i've been to were 'P' Party, were you dressed up as something that began with P, Black and White, Music Icons, and the classic Pimps and Ho's (sp?)

5. AeonFlux

AeonFlux I am the edge!

Theme parties are always fun. I've gone to a few, the most interesting being the superhero themed party and the vampire coven. Seeing how creative people can be with their costumes is always a real treat.

6. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah I have been to a few, last one I went to was 80's, was a good night.

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I haven't been to one since I was a kid but they were usually at Halloween so I'd dress as a witch. I'd love to go to one again and dress up in a full blown costume. I imagine they'd be a lot of fun.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Party Theme's

So I've been to a lot of parties which had some great theme's, like 80's theme, which means you have to dress like you were in the 80's, or a beach party, you have to dress like your going to a beach.

Yesterday I went to a party, the theme was "Risky Business" guys had to dress up in dress shirts and boxers, and girls had to wear tank tops and booty shorts. This should surprise anyone but I was pretty hammered. But it was a great time.

Have any of you been to great theme parties? If so discuss about them.

9. MJ-Robbie

MJ-Robbie Registered Member

Fancy dress parties are awesome!! having been to uni i seem to remember the majority of my life revolving around dressing up!! The best included Gangsta&molls, cowboys and indians, grease, superheros, animals, halloween, and emergency theme.