• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cosmetic surgery gel blamed for 15 deaths

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
A gel used in a popular form of plastic surgery in Venezuela has been blamed for at least 15 deaths in the past two years, Agence France-Presse reported on Monday.

‘A time bomb in my body’: Gel used for buttocks enhancements blamed for 15 deaths in Venezuela | The Raw Story
I'm hoping the United States doesn't allow this gel to be used here. You never know though, stuff gets approved that shouldn't. Hope the women that had it done can get the manufacture to pay for its removal before it kills them.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
That's pretty scary, but I guess you have to accept that there is a lot of risk involved with cosmetic surgery. It's a sad way to die. Death by buttocks enhancement. I bet they wish they had been happy with their original butts.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I would imagine that the CDC would never allow this product to be used in the United States. I'm glad we have lots of research and testing into things like this long before they come into use.