• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Corvette C6 Z06

Sephy

Forum Drifter
My favorite car has always been the Corvette. The style, the heritage, the meaning. Everything about this car is perfect, and each generation of it keeps getting better and better. We have now been introduced to the 6th generation, and in a few months we will be getting the Z06 version. It shares most everything with the C6-R racing version, and has set a couple records on the Nubrurgring track. This car is absolute perfection and is the biggest bang for the buck. I hope to have one some day.

7.0 Liter V8
505 hp @ 6300 rpm
470 ft-lbs @ 4800 rpm
3132 lbs

The front fenders are carbon fiber and had to be mounted to racks when being painted because they flew off. This has got to be the sexiest car ever.

Production car in foreground, racing version in background:

S

SOAD2k8

That thing is a monster! I had the privlidge to ride in one last September, it was a blast!

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
*drools* pretty.....*stares at it* IT KICKS ASS!!!!...hey am i the only girl posting on this part of the board?

Italiano

Film Elitist
Compared to the regular vette I've heard there are only minor, but noticible differences between the C6 and the regular stock.

Mainly in the acceleration. It get's a faster acceleration, but I've heard the top speed isn't as great as the stock corvette.

But I could be wrong, and I most likely am. I just figured I'd throw it out there. Either way, it's still one beast of a car

B

Bio248

meh, im making the corvette killer. if i play my cards right ill be able to take down z06's..though they are freakin sweet as hell :D

but then again when i put together a centrifugal supercharged grand prix, it may take down a lot on the street :)

9ten

Nice. Not really a fan of the nose though. :D

Sephy

Forum Drifter
Italiano said:
Compared to the regular vette I've heard there are only minor, but noticible differences between the C6 and the regular stock.

Mainly in the acceleration. It get's a faster acceleration, but I've heard the top speed isn't as great as the stock corvette.

But I could be wrong, and I most likely am. I just figured I'd throw it out there. Either way, it's still one beast of a car
It is essentially the public version of the C6-R race car. It is beefed up with 100 more horsepower and small aerodynamic changes to make the entire package substantially better than a regular C6. It has been called the budget supercar because it can outperform some cars which costs more than twice the amount it does.