Correcting people

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StroShow, May 15, 2010.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Lets say you and some friends are discussing about a movie, sporting event or anything in general, and while talking they bring up a point that is completely false. What would you usually do in this scenario?? Do you correct him/her or do you just leave it be because you feel awkward telling them they're wrong??

2. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

I correct them. Every time! And I do this because I love them. I would not want them to have the wrong info and make an ass of themselves by saying that in front of someone else who may or may not correct them, but know that they are wrong.

How about you CB?

3. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

I can't help myself!

I don't do it to be mean or annoying but it just spills out of my mouth.

:(

4. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I'm sure we've had this thread before, but I think it was a while ago.

Completely depends for me. If they were ranting on about something and exaggerating facts etc then I would just leave them to it. If we were having a discussion about a subject I'm knowledgeable on then I'm more likely to correct*. I'd have to be 110% sure that I was right, though. That's a situation where I'd get easily embarrassed.. to correct someone and then turn out to be wrong after all, even if it's not a big deal.

I'd also probably be too shy to do it with most people apart from friends or family.

*edit: sorry, I just realised you did clarify you meant in terms of a discussion.

Last edited: May 15, 2010
  5. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

There's nothing wrong correcting someone. As long as you can do it in a decent manner then I guess there's no point in skipping it.
    I always correct my friends or anyone else who's not my friend and they always correct me.

I see no big deal in all this, really.

Yes, we've had this thread before. BR created such thread a while ago lol ...

6. Cotjav

Cotjav Registered Member

yeah, i always correct people, think its fair that if you know something someone else doesnt you should share. plus i like learning new things so i dont mind when people correct me

grammar though... thats a different kettle of fish. most people dont like being corrected so it would get awkward. haha

7. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

It depends on who it is and what it is. If it's inconsequential, I'll let it go. But if it's something that everyone in the discussion is interested in, I'll correct them. Like last night my boyfriend and I were talking about Sindey Crosby and whether he's capable of breaking Gretzky's goal record, and my bf was positive that Gretzky had over 1000 goals and I knew he was wrong so I corrected him.

8. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I will correct them, I just have to it seems lol, cant help myself.

9. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Friends I'll usually correct. With strangers, it depends on the situation.

10. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

Depends on whether it's something I care about or not... But oftentimes I don't do it because I want to avoid conflict and I'm a coward.