• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Coronavirus/COVID-19 Number Expectations

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
@Konshentz

Interestingly I saw this on FB right after I made that post. The customer is in the wrong. You don’t have the right to ignore anything mandated by a private company on their property. As a customer you are an invitee. Once you refuse to obey any rules, such as not wearing a mask, you are a trespasser.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Good to know. Yeah, I thought it was pretty strange. It didn't make a lot of sense for them to ask us to hang those signs and then check in to make sure we had done it, just for us to have to ignore it either way. Personally, I don't care if someone wears one or not, I am capable of avoiding anyone I don't wanna get too close to. It just added some unneeded confusion for the employees and the customers. But nothing about this company surprises me anymore. Haha.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Of all the poor decisions made over the last few months, this is the dumbest and most tragic decision made.
4700 infected patients sent into the most vurnible population. Sad.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
@MenInTights

The sad part is, the number is even higher than that. Some patients that tested positive but were taken to the hospital and later died, were not listed as related to the nursing home. To make the numbers lower

Cuomo really screwed the response up. NY has the numbers they have because of it. Blood is on his hands for how bad he bungled the response.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
@MenInTights

The sad part is, the number is even higher than that. Some patients that tested positive but were taken to the hospital and later died, were not listed as related to the nursing home. To make the numbers lower

Cuomo really screwed the response up. NY has the numbers they have because of it. Blood is on his hands for how bad he bungled the response.
NY had the US Comfort. Franklin Graham set up a hospital in the park. Why would they ever need to ship people to nursing homes? It's literally the dumbest decision I've ever heard of.

Impaired

Registered Member
Column A - Nations with worse death rate per million than the USA

San Marino
Belgium
Andorra
Spain
UK
Italy
France
Sweden
Sint Maarten
Netherlands
Ireland
Column B - Nations with a better death rate per million than the USA

Isle of Man
Channel Islands
Switzerland
Montserrat
Ecuador
Luxembourg
Canada
Bermuda
Portugal
Brazil
Peru
Monaco
Germany
Denmark
Iran
Saint Martin
Austria
Mayotte
Panama
Moldova
Romania
Mexico
Finland
North Macedonia
Turkey
Slovenia
Hungary
Estonia
World
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Norway
Dominican Republic
Kuwait
Sao Tome and Principe
Martinique
Chile
British Virgin Islands
Guadeloupe
Antigua and Barbuda
Israel
Czechia
Iceland
Aruba
Bahamas
Serbia
Armenia
Poland
Liechtenstein
Turks and Caicos
UAE
Russia
Croatia
Barbados
Lithuania
Belarus
Bolivia
Bulgaria
Honduras
Greece
Cayman Islands
Ukraine
Colombia
Algeria
Cyprus
Malta
Montenegro
Guyana
Latvia
Saudi Arabia
Albania
Argentina
Djibouti
Philippines
Bahrain
Equatorial Guinea
Mauritius
Qatar
South Africa
Egypt
Oman
Cuba
Maldives
Japan
Afghanistan
Cameroon
Uruguay
Trinidad and Tobago
Curaçao
Pakistan
Indonesia
S. Korea
Morocco
Azerbaijan
Tajikistan
Gabon
El Salvador
Slovakia
Sierra Leone
Cabo Verde
Liberia
Belize
Singapore
Malaysia
Australia
Iraq
Somalia
New Zealand
Lebanon
Tunisia
Chad
India
China
Bangladesh
Sudan
Guatemala
Guinea-Bissau
Mali
Georgia
Jamaica
Congo
Nicaragua
French Guiana
Kazakhstan
Guinea
Senegal
Kyrgyzstan
Costa Rica
Haiti
Paraguay
Burkina Faso
Eswatini
Brunei
Suriname
Nigeria
Ghana
Ivory Coast
Réunion
Togo
Mauritania
Yemen
Comoros
Kenya
Jordan
Thailand
DRC
South Sudan
Palestine
Hong Kong
Uzbekistan
Sri Lanka
Venezuela
Zambia
Tanzania
Libya
Botswana
Gambia
Taiwan
Zimbabwe
CAR
Benin
Malawi
Syria
Nepal
Myanmar
Angola
Burundi
Madagascar
Ethiopia
Diamond Princess
Vietnam
Rwanda
Uganda
Faeroe Islands
Mozambique
Gibraltar
Mongolia
Cambodia
French Polynesia
Macao
Eritrea
Bhutan
Timor-Leste
Grenada
Namibia
Laos
Fiji
New Caledonia
Saint Lucia
St. Vincent Grenadines
Dominica
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Falkland Islands
Vatican City
Greenland
Seychelles
MS Zaandam
Papua New Guinea
Caribbean Netherlands
St. Barth
Western Sahara
Anguilla
Lesotho
Saint Pierre Miquelon

Impaired

Registered Member
Maybe if the president was an actual leader and instead of pushing quack medicines and not wearing a mask, he could have acted and saved some lives.

Shame. He stopped taking hydroxychloriquine, if in fact, he was ever taking it. My guess is he wasn't - just another lie to the American people that cost lives.

No big deal.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Maybe if the president was an actual leader and instead of pushing quack medicines and not wearing a mask, he could have acted and saved some lives.

Shame. He stopped taking hydroxychloriquine, if in fact, he was ever taking it. My guess is he wasn't - just another lie to the American people that cost lives.

No big deal.
Do you have any facts to back any of that up? Cuomo sent sick elderly patients to nursing homes. That causes a domino effect. Thats a fact. Do you have any? I mean there’s no causal connection to him not wearing a mask when he went to Michigan affecting their numbers. There’s no causal connection to him taking hydroxy affecting any numbers. Do you have anything other than baseless opinions?

NY’s numbers, and them being so much higher even per capita than anyone else is a fact. Do you have any facts to back up your claim?