• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Corned Beef

Bliss

Sally Twit
Any fans?

I like corned beef but a lot of people aren't fond of the smell so they don't eat it. The smell doesn't bother me. I don't even think it's bad.
I eat it on sandwiches at work sometimes and people are always telling me it's gross. Whatever!

I like corned beef and Branston pickle sandwiches, corned beef and tommy sauce sandwiches. And the classic corned beef hash, aka corned beef smash! My dad called it that as he used to use that packet mash back in the day haha.

Tucker

Lion Rampant
I had nobbut a tin of that stuff in the cupboard on a recent day and enjoyed my first-ever canned corned beef sandwich. Not bad! I didn't think I'd like it without potato in, which I'm used to with corned beef hash. We eat said hash for brekks over here, by the way. You kooky lot probably serve it at pudding or blancmange or summat. :rolleyes:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Is this because St Patrick's Day is near? :lol:

I love corned beef. I do buy the canned ones from Argentina - fry them with potato cubes. It can be for sandwich or a main dish. Don't forget the cabbage!

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I love corned beef too! But I prefer it in a sandwich to corned beef hash. It reminds me of school lunches because my mum always used to make them for me and for some reason they tasted so much better than when I do it myself. Probably because back then she'd cut them into tiny squares with the crusts off :D

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have never actually tried it before. It doesn't sound like it would be good for some reason but that's no reason to not try something. I don't like foods that smell off putting but maybe I'll give it a shot someday.

Impact

V.I.P.
I've never really been a fan of it. I mean, if someone makes corned beef hash, then i'll eat it, but it's not something I go out of my way to buy or make myself.

Dragon

V.I.P.
I love corned beef! There is a very popular restaurant here called Slymans and they have the best corned beef sandwich in town. Its soo busy that the line even forms all the way outside but luckily for me, i know when the best time to go there. Its a pretty big sandwich but I always finish it.

Former President Bush even stopped in to get a sandwich a few years back.

Aiken

Hi dear,,,
I use corned beef on last Sunday and enjoy a lot...
I use corned beef at least once in a month... Those people don't like corned beef must try this, you will enjoy a lot..

Konshentz

Konshentz
The Reuben sandwich is one of my favorites. How can you go wrong with Swiss & corned beef? Throw on that sauerkraut and Thousand Island dressing and it's so good.

Outside of the sandwich, I still like it, just not as much.

Starfire86

Registered Member
I love it. Ruebens are probably my favorite sandwich!