• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Corn Hole (beanbags)

dDave

V.I.P.
I guess this fits under sports. It's more of a competitive game though to be honest.

Corn hole is a game that I discovered pretty recently, been playing it a lot with my family over the summer. I've been invited to several barbecues as well and everyone else seems to suddenly have it.

I started out atrociously bad and really have gotten much better (I wouldn't call myself good though :lol:) It's a fun game though, quite relaxing, and I can go for hours before getting tired.

We built our own set out of wood.

Anybody else play corn hole? (Maybe it's just an American thing)

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I've played it numerous times and I'm pretty good at it. I went to a bar in Milwaukee and they had a game set up in a back room so that was a lot of fun haha

My family loves lawn games but we usually prefer washers and jarts. Speaking of those games...thread time!

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I had never heard of this game until I had gone up north to Ohio to visit a friend. I think it's more popular in the Northern United States. Most people around my area have never heard of it. When someone had mentioned washers to me recently, I asked if they had ever heard of cornhole and they laughed pretty hard just because of the name of the game itself.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I've played a few times. It's a great social activity to play at a barbecue or tailgating before a football game or something. In fact I always see a lot of people playing in the parking lots when I go to games.

dDave

V.I.P.
I had never heard of this game until I had gone up north to Ohio to visit a friend. I think it's more popular in the Northern United States. Most people around my area have never heard of it. When someone had mentioned washers to me recently, I asked if they had ever heard of cornhole and they laughed pretty hard just because of the name of the game itself.
Yeah, I had lived here for several years before hearing about it. I'm not sure if I was just living under a rock or what. Everyone I know suddenly started to play it though.

I've played a few times. It's a great social activity to play at a barbecue or tailgating before a football game or something. In fact I always see a lot of people playing in the parking lots when I go to games.
I agree, great social activity. You live in the heart of the midwest so it's not surprising that it's played over there a lot. I've never seen anyone playing it in a parking lot though. :lol:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
It sounds like fun, and I wish people around here would play it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Music 11
Hilander Science & History 4
ILuvChuzzles31 Food & Beverage 8
ATARIGUY Outdoors 1
Dragon General Discussion 4