• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox 360 CORE is not Hardcore

Gamechamp

Registered Member
That core is just a scam. Like an apple's core. The 360 core is just an apple core, the premium is everything on the outside. Do you ever eat an apple core? No. Do you eat what's outside the apple core? Yes.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Apple, the computer company should be making consoles and calling it a core, not XBOX, lol! As for eating the apple core, nope, can't say tha I have.

I think Barebones would have been a better name for it, but it wouldn't have been considered "innovative.." At least it wouldn't have been misleading.

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
That is just a part of business. The company I work for uses something similiar. It plays on people minds. They think they are getting one thing, when if they had done a little research they would know that what they thought they were going to get was not really what was being offered.

I certainly don't like it, but I understand it. I people would just slow down and take the time to do a little research there would be any questions or problems later.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
Seriously? You mean that's something done regularly? Dang, our society is run by jerks.

Rayzn

Registered Member
Gamechamp said:
Seriously? You mean that's something done regularly? Dang, our society is run by jerks.
You just realized that? ;)

ltk9492

Registered Member
As was said in another thread, Microsoft loses money per XBOX 360. The core is a way of making it back, having to buy all theother accessories. They make money off of the games and accessories, too. The Premium is always a better buy, but if oyou dont care for backwards compatability, or game saves, or wireless, or anything else, than go for core. The only reason I would've bought core was if there were none left of the premos and then I would sell the core on eBay, because the prices for a 360 are skyrocketing there.