• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox 360 CORE is not Hardcore

Yung_Impression

Registered Member
i might get a premiun package though.

Wrecked

Registered Member
Yung_Impression said:
i might get a premiun package though.
lol, still haven't made up your mind! seriously you should get a premium.

the harddrive alone costs $100. and your controller gets upgraded to wireless. you get the better cables. and for a limited time you get the remote.

buy a premium, if you don't like the extra stuff or don't think you'll need it, sell it and get some money back.

Thermal

Registered Member
Rayzn said:
If Microsoft made only one type of package I think there would of been more to go around on the first shipment. That is the only thing I am dissapointed about the Xbox 360 with. Developers might now feel less obligated to include extra downloadables and take full support over the hard drive since they know not everyone will have one.
Well, you can still download from live even if you don't have a hard drive. They just need a memory card, and most online content is well below that limit.

Yung_Impression

Registered Member
i got someone to layaway the system today....i dunno which one they got...but if they picked the core imma be fine wit it....cuz i dont wanna play old Xbox games...just wanna be Xbox 360 games...but anyone that person picks imma be fine with that package.

compudoc

Registered Member
Whoa.. thanks for this incredible post.. I would have been one of those disapointed ones had I not read this.. although I would have also been the flaming mad one who would likely raise some serious heck and most certainly return the system. My HUGEST beef being the inability to play the old XBOX titles that is rediculous. Having to add on periferals makes sense in a marketing stand point but the above is unacceptable.

Yung_Impression

Registered Member
^^lol..but i hope i get the Premium though.

KannonMAK

Registered Member
Thermal said:
How is unfair marketing? Lots of companys make different variations of a product. Look for example the macmini, apple sells one with a dvd-/+rw or one without. If a customer is going to blindly spend a large amount of money without first researching the product, than it is the customers fault not the company. Microsoft is just offering a choice for those that can afford the extra hundred bucks for a premium.
but by not making it clear to the ignorant consumer that the premium package is pretty much what you'll be getting about a month from now and will save you in the long run, that's pretty sneaky. plus only making a limited amount of one package and only having core left overs is like screwing the people who "need" the console despite how much its gonna cost them in the long run. the core is not cheaper, its just a way for them to say its LESS THEN PS3. the harddrive is 100$ on its own, and the memory cards are at least 30$, just to save a game, and xbox live (the only good thing about xbox) is more money on top of that.

Rayzn

Registered Member
The core will probably appear more to the less hard core gamers who just want to play a game and not worry about all the other stuff that comes with it.

Personally, I think it was a sleezy move but hey that is marketing for you. They make it look like your getting a great deal but you really won't in the long run.

Thermal

Registered Member
The website describes the differences, as well as the packaging. I don't see how it could get any clearer than that

People just seem to be too short-sighted about this due to the shortages. Yes, if you want a premium then it is a rippoff, because you don't get the bonus stuff. For those that don't want to put any more money beyond just the system, then the core is much more economical. You don't need to buy the yearly subscription, don't need to keep buying batteries for a controller, and they can just put that extra hundred dollars into a memory card and game.