• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Copycat auctions (not exact copies)

MJonesMBA2001

Registered Member
Looks like I have a copycat auction going on!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ssPageName=WDVW

What should I do about that? Should I report it? Is it close enough to get pulled as a copycat auction?? Should I put something in my title or subtitle or description about mine being the original?

I don't think ebay will pull it because it isn't an exact copy, just copied my idea. I sent the jackass who posted it an email, and (s)he?? told me to "get a life" and suck her? Classy, huh?

So, what should I do? Should I put a subtitle in mine, or revise the description to say something about mine being the original??

MJonesMBA2001

Registered Member
My bad - let me try it again:
BOGUS Darth Vader toast!
The item number is 5579334337.

I could report them to ebay for selling food.....
But that may backfire on me.

iowamommy77

Registered Member
Dont worry about it. yours is better. There is always people out there trying to copy someone else.

1_ares_1

Registered Member
Dude,
The toast will be toast! hahaha! Your porkchop is hilarious! Kinda makes me hungry though :D

MJonesMBA2001

Registered Member
Thanks y'all!! Should I put a reserve on it? Do you think that's why it isn't getting bids??

lostmymindwith5

Registered Member
MJonesMBA2001 said:
Looks like I have a copycat auction going on!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ssPageName=WDVW

What should I do about that? Should I report it? Is it close enough to get pulled as a copycat auction?? Should I put something in my title or subtitle or description about mine being the original?

I don't think ebay will pull it because it isn't an exact copy, just copied my idea. I sent the jackass who posted it an email, and (s)he?? told me to "get a life" and suck her? Classy, huh?

So, what should I do? Should I put a subtitle in mine, or revise the description to say something about mine being the original??
Unfortunately there will always be people out there without an ounce of creativity who copy a good auction when they see it. It doesn't hurt to try and report it. I recently reported a copy cat auction myself. I don't care if someone copies my idea. No biggie. But this person plagiarized nearly my whole auction WORD FOR WORD. @@