Copycat auction!!!!! What shall I do??? Please help!

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by stansoft, Apr 26, 2005.

1. stansoft

stansoft Registered Member

Ok, I'm the creator of the original Mystery Toilet Paper Auction here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1469&item=5575165259&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

And here's an idiot who almost completely copied my auction, here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1469&item=5576609788&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

He is shamelessly even using my T.P. picture!

Please help, and tell me what should I do? Can i write about him on my auction page? Shall I report him to ebay????? What measure can I take????

2. wolvergambit

wolvergambit Registered Member

Report him to Ebay right away. It is against Ebay's policy to use someone's text or photos. They will cancel the auction and possibly suspend him.

3. Marys454BB

Marys454BB Premium Member

4. stansoft

Thanks guys! I will report him to ebay immidiately!

5. kromsales

kromsales Registered Member

He did not use your picture..just the idea of it, but he did take his own pic. He also didnt copy your wording. As much as it sucks he did it. There is nothing ebay will do about it. It has to be blantenly a copy and this is not :( Sorry. I hate when people do that! :(

6. stansoft

Not really, because he IS using the picture of my toilet paper! Look closely! He obviously edited it on photoshop or something! Plus that means that he doesn't have the T.P. with money in it, which means he is scamming people!
    I think that ebay, will do something about it! We will see!?

ALSO CHECK THIS INFORMATION OUT:

Not only is he copying my auction, but I also suspect that there is shill bidding going on! Take a closer look!!!!!!!! It is very interesting to me that the seller's ID ends with numbers 222 and the high bidders ID ends with 222!!!!! Plus the high bidders user ID is marina... which is a Russian name, and his email address starts with slavik222... with Slavik also being a russian name!!!!! Plus notice the numbers 222 on his email address! Does that ring a bell?????

What shall I do about this? How do I report them to ebay? If I need to report this, please help me out and report them with me as well, the more reports the better!

Thanks Guys!

Also, Can I Add Something Like This To My Description:

Attention!!!!! Breaking News: It Has Come To My Attention, That Somebody Is Copying My Toilet Paper Auction! This Person Is Shamelessly Using My Picture Of The Toilet Paper And A Lot Of Text From My Description! Please Be Aware Of That!!!!! To Know More Of What I'm Talking About, Please Type Mystery Toilet Paper In Ebay Search! You Will See.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I Write Something Like This, Or Is It Against Ebay Rules?????
    Also Can I Give The Copycats Item Number In My Description?????

Please Help, Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  7. LicentiousVenus

LicentiousVenus Registered Member

I agree...that is your toilet paper roll in his auction..the wrinkles are in the same place, the shadows are the same and the bills are oriented the same....technically...don't you own the rights to that pic by default since it was posted publiccally under your name...if ebay doesn't do anything...try threatening to sue the seller...that should get him to pull the auction or at least give you credit for your work...either way...tell him that he owes you money for using your "artwork"

8. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I would agree that he did use a photo program. I can see part of the picture frame on the bottom right corner of the toilet paper. It's obvious that he cut and paste the picture.

9. MenInTights

MenInTights not a plastic bag

that's a bunch of crap. :D

you should tell that guy to piss off. :D

10. LicentiousVenus

LicentiousVenus Registered Member

I went ahead ahead and reported him too...i explained to ebay why the photo is the same so they'll figure it out...also told them to cross reference the seller and high bidder...just to check ;)

also...i wouldn't put his item number in your description...first i think its against ebay policy...second..with all the weird ppl out there they might just bid on his auction...or even worse...you might just help him get to pulse because ppl are wanting to watch to see what happens to his auction

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005