• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Cop caught planting drugs

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Two cops in Upstate New York are under investigation for allegedly planting narcotics in the car of a couple pulled over in the city of Utica.
Cop caught planting drugs (VIDEO) — RT

I had to share this with you. Can you imagine going out for a drive and end up arrested for possession. I'm not going to say all cops are bad because I bet there was a cop out there that saw this and knew it was soooo wrong.

Iris

rainbow 11!
wow. that is so despicable. I seriously hope they are stripped of their badge and gun and never allowed back on the force again.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Two cops in Upstate New York are under investigation for allegedly planting narcotics in the car of a couple pulled over in the city of Utica.
Cop caught planting drugs (VIDEO) — RT

I had to share this with you. Can you imagine going out for a drive and end up arrested for possession. I'm not going to say all cops are bad because I bet there was a cop out there that saw this and knew it was soooo wrong.
Are the cops that desperate to make a bust? I've often wondered, because I've seen a few times where cops have manufactured a reason to arrest. Do cops make extra money, the more tickets and fines they issue?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think they do stuff like this because they have to meet their quota. That is why I think they should end quota's. Quota's is why you see so many cops out at the end of the month writing tickets.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Cops sometimes have quotas for tickets, but I've never heard of quotas for arrests.

The only time I could imagine a cop even considering this is if they had a grudge against whoever they were framing, or if they "knew" the person was guilty of something, and they just couldn't prove it.

Also, if found guilty, a cop doing this should face more than just losing their job. They should face criminal charges themselves.

Last edited:

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's another link about how much this type of thing goes on. In the future when someone gets busted for drugs I will have to wonder if they really had them or were they planted.

Stephan Anderson, a former New York police detective, has testified saying planting drugs on innocent citizens was a common occurrence for NYPD officers to meet their quota for arrests.
http://rt.com/usa/ne...on-tavarez-907/

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Anytime I've been pulled over and the police ask to search things like my trunk I always decline and don't answer many questions other than yes or no. Oftentimes when they ask where I'm going or where I'm coming from I ask if they have any probable cause to ask me and politely tell them I'm not going to answer those questions and if we could just get to why I was pulled over to begin with.

When I've crossed from Mexico into the US where they don't need probable cause to search my vehicle I always stand right next to them to make sure they don't do exactly that, plant something.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
This is seriously unfortunate for the suspect involved, since he clearly had nothing involved with the drugs... and what really is unfortunate is that was a white cop planting the drugs on an African American suspect. It's instances like this that cause people to racially stereotype, and I don't like it.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
You know, I see this video and then I think of all the black people sitting in jail cells charged with possession - and it gets me wondering... how many of those people are really there because racist dickwads like these?

Although, I'd like to say that racist asshole cops like these do A LOT more for civil rights than people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson ever could. I mean think about it - before the Fuhrman tapes came out in the 90s, black people could scream at the top of their lungs and say that a racist system was trying to railroad them and the public would just go "yeah, sure, you're innocent." Either people were ignoring the problem or just refused to believe that a cop could plant evidence. (Not saying anything about the OJ Simpson case, I'm just using it as an example.)

Also, I really like CO's idea. Just get outta the car and stand next to the bastards and make sure they don't plant anything on you.