• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games Converting to PC

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
My first game ever was Wolfenstein, a PC game that went on to revolutionize action shooters and horror games. Next was Doom followed by other classics like Duke Nukem, Captain Keen, Monster Bash, etc. I began my gaming life on the PC. Like most kids my generation however, consoles became huge and up until a few months ago, I was strictly a console gamer. That's a long time. Yet, I find myself with a strong PC and currently becoming a permanent PC gamer. Skyrim, Modern Warfare, two of my favorite games play great and just feel more natural in my hands and I couldn't tell you why to be honest.

Have you or do you know someone who has transitioned from one to the other?

dDave

V.I.P.
I've gone back and forth on things such as Halo and Modern Warfare. I also gave Skyrim a shot on the 360.

For a while all of my gaming was on PC, it was during that long dryspell by Nintendo when they really didn't release anything with much value.

These days I'm almost 100% back to console gaming. I'll give TF2 a run every few weeks or so but mostly I play on consoles now.

It's really odd for me, I like the extra power of the PC, and I like the WASD/Mouse configuration to play FPS games. The PC also works better for RTS games in general. Despite all of this I'm generally a console gamer.

I've had a strong PC since 2006, I've rebuilt a lot over the years and kept up fairly well with the times so even today in 2012 I still have a good gaming machine.

I know one person who pretty much 100% dumped all consoles and built a really nice PC. He says that he's really enjoying it, I don't know how though, I think that they are best when both are done in moderation.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
What is beginning to bother me about consoles can only be simply put as "customization". From a tighter range of control and the wonderful worlds of mods, I think the PC fits my gaming style more. I think consoles are viewed as the cheaper alternative but when you factor everything in, you can pay just as much for a console setup that you would for a decent gaming rig.

dDave

V.I.P.
What is beginning to bother me about consoles can only be simply put as "customization". From a tighter range of control and the wonderful worlds of mods, I think the PC fits my gaming style more. I think consoles are viewed as the cheaper alternative but when you factor everything in, you can pay just as much for a console setup that you would for a decent gaming rig.
Yeah it certainly fits my gaming style better as well but only for certain genres.

I pretty much play 100% Nintendo (and early Sega and PSX) on consoles. I'm not big at all on emulators, I really just have to have the real thing, most of it I already have anyway.

Other than that though whenever I want to play a FPS, RTS, or anything turn based, I'm likely to be playing it on the PC.

One thing that has always annoyed me about consoles is the fact that there really aren't any alternative styles of control, the console is limited in capabilities, and you are forced to upgrade later on if you want to keep getting games for any one brand. One prime example is the fact that Twilight Princess (Zelda) on Wii was only available using the Wiimote even though they made a gamecube version which supports the gamecube controller, I feel as if that should have been included. In general though I'm not a fan of the way that the Wii's control scheme works.

PCs are highly customizable, you get the fun of building it, you get higher frame rates, a better quality picture, better controls, and more options overall.

Based on what I've heard the next XBOX is going to be as powerful as my current PC, I see no reason to change things any time soon.

The difference between PC and consoles is one of the main reasons why I do Nintendo. Most things that you can get on XBOX or PS3 are available on PC. Nintendo on the other hand, their stuff is only available for a Nintendo console.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Computers 1
Dragon Technology 0
Kyo_Muramasa Technology 1