Controller Mods = Xbox Live Bans

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by icegoat63, Nov 12, 2009.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I didnt think that Modding a controller would conjure up such a harsh punishment. I put this in General because I'm sure if Microsoft does it, so does Sony for modded controllers.

And then there are the cases like this poor couple who got banned:

Damn that would suck, especially if you had no way to convince them otherwise.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I agree with the banning of pirates and modders 100%, but I think Microsoft should be clear about their criteria.

3. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Break the Terms of Service you can't use Xbox live.

I'm not surprised. But MS seems to clean house in big sweeps. Not with small strokes.

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I used to report people left and right for using modded controllers in Call of Duty 4. I'm glad Microsoft is cracking down on them finally. I really hate cheaters, especially online.

5. MAgnum9987

MAgnum9987 Do What Thou Wilt

I fail to see how modifying the controller has ANYTHING to do with pirated games. Sure, it may make players douchebags because their controllers are ubber, but it i no way has anything to dow with pirated games.

6. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Modified controllers are generally altered to be able to cheat. For instance, by adding in auto-aim.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Exactly why I don't care about those people getting banned.

8. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't care about these people getting banned.

My neighbor was just telling me how to pirate games and play them...I told him no thanks, I like my xbox live too much. lol

9. Smelnick

Smelnick Creeping On You V.I.P.

It would suck to get banned even though you are doing nothing wrong.

But I agree with banning of controller mods for cheating. Nothing makes me angrier than losing a match because someone cheated as opposed to me just sucking. I can stand losing, doesn't bother me one bit. But to lose to some cheap bastard who decides to ruin everyone elses fun. I seriously wonder about these people. Is their life that much better because they can get 20 more kills than anyone else?