Control Freaks

Steerpike

Registered Member
What is the best way to deal with "control freaks" if they are family or friends or co-workers or authority (e.g., boss)?

Discuss how to deal with "control freaks."

Last edited:
I can imagine its difficult to deal with control freaks if you like to be in control yourself. Personally I don't mind people giving me direction in certain things. I'd much rather follow than lead. But people who are obsessed with control get on my nerves and the best way to deal with them is probably to leave them to it or have a word with them. It depends on the situation really. If its a boss then you have to suck it up and deal with it. If its a friend or family member you should probably tell them you feel they are far too controlling.

Last edited:

snowflake

Registered Member
Would you do that if the control freak was your boss or supervisor on a job?

I guess i wouldn't. But i would try to voice my opinion. I went through a rough patch with my old manager at work. He was so nasty and loved the power. I just got on with it, never let him get me down. And i did things my way !!

Harmony

Registered Member
My best friend is a complete control freak, and it does get annoying sometimes. I'm laid back enough to let her get on with it, but it can get too much. At that point I have to tell her to relax and not worry about things going wrong if she doesn't get her own way.

I've learned to live with it. ;)

Actually, I don't "deal with it". I just do what I'm told from a boss or co-worker. I don't mind that type of control in work, and at home I'd do the same. I listen to my parents and siblings. I guess I just don't mind being bossed around as long as it's nothing dangerous or illegal.

I suppose I'm just floating by life while the control - grounded - freaks boss me around in whichever direction.

KPlay18

Registered Member
I love control freaks! I love letting them control everything because it's really funny to see them in their own little world. haha... then when they don't have control, it's funny to see how fast they lose control. They look like they don't know what to do with themselves. lol

I love control freaks! I love letting them control everything because it's really funny to see them in their own little world. haha... then when they don't have control, it's funny to see how fast they lose control. They look like they don't know what to do with themselves. lol
Sadistic much? :lol:

I've already said how I feel about them... tend to just let them do their thing... but my friend visited recently and it reminded me how controlling she is. Makes me feel 3 inches tall when shes like that. :rolleyes:

KPlay18

Registered Member
Very much!! hahaha I just love showing people what's up when they makes asses of themselves! I do it playfully when it's in good fun and I do it sadistically when I am angry.