Contest points

Jakey-D

Registered Member
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but I wasn't sure.

In the contest points list every so often it says:

"*(?) members above at the final table."

Am I the only one that doesn't know what that means?

Jakey-D

Registered Member
So, what you're saying is that even if you in the top band you still might miss out?

Sorry if I'me being a clown, i just don't get it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yes, if you finish in the top 10 you have a much better chance of reaching the final table than if you're in the middle of bottom group.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
There will be two rounds. Each section of 10 will play a table, and then the top X people from each section will go to the final table.

5 from section 1, 3 from section 2, and 2 from section 3.

Making it into the top 10 gives you the best chance to make it to the prize table round.

Jakey-D

Registered Member
So, if you're in the top 10, then you go to a table with the rest of the top 10 and 5 from that table goes through to the final table?

Whereas only 3 from the next 10 make the table...

and 2 from the next...

..and the final table is 10 again! Okay, gotcha! Sorry for being a spaz, I just didn't really get it. Thanx guys.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah exactly. Thats why being in the top 10 is best because more people from there will move on.

Basically it's a 30 person tournament with two rounds. I'm sure not all 30 will show up but there should be a good turnout regardless.

Jakey-D

Registered Member
Oh, I'll be there! I love poker.

It's not the cash that gets me though, I get a real buzz off of trying to work people out around the table. Internet stuff doesn't float my boat as much but it still decent enough.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
But the best players might be in the top band therefore making it harder.

Maybe finishing in the second or third tier could, in the end, give you a better chance of progression.