Contender/Pretender: Charlotte Bobcats

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Charlotte Bobcats - Contender or Pretender for the 2008 playoffs?

This is a new series of threads I've started, to help pass the time during this lowly offseason. It's also meant to give us all something else to do instead of talking about this betting scandal and things related to it (we all need a break from it). I'll hopefully get through every team, and post a new thread every couple of days.

For each team, we'll discuss whether they're a contender or a pretender, BUT each team's contender/pretender status is whether or not they'll make one more step further than what they did last year.

Today's team is the Charlotte Bobcats.

2. Xepa

Xepa Guest

Contender. If Morrison grows any skills whatsoever, that will already put the Bobcats in the playoffs. Add Richardson, and slide Felton to his natural position as PG, and you have a team that actually MAKES SENSE. Okafor one year older and wiser, same with rest of the cast. May should be healthy, and Gerald just had an enigma of a year last season. He'll return to form since there's nowhere to go but up from his rancid and eratic play last year; they'll be good, real good.

3. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Right now its hard to tell somewhat because we don't know how all the players will work together on the team however with guys like Wallace , Morrison , Okafor and Richardson its hard to say they are not a contender. So im going to say for the moment contender as well.

4. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

This team as been rattled by injuries in the past. Especially to key players like Emeka Okafor, Sean May and Raymond Felton. Without those players playing atleast 70 games next year they'll have a hard time making the playoffs. But if they do stay healthy then I consider them a top notch team in the weak Eastern Conference. Especially when you have two explosive scorers in Geral Wallace and Jason Richardson on the court at the same time. Should be really interesting to see this team evolve next year.

5. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

And lets not forget that they are in the east and you can tell over the last few years that the east is not as great overall as the west so with a couple long winning streaks and some consistant play they are a playoff team for sure.

6. Babe_Ruth

I believe that this team is on the rise, they have a lot of good players but a lot of those players are still young and need to develop a little more. Then you have Okafor who has been injured a lot in the past, but if he can stay healthy then this team will probably have there best year yet. The addition of Jason Richardson will help them a whole lot, because he's a proven scorer and he's explosive. I think this team will just miss the playoffs.

7. zunami

zunami Registered Member

They're gonna be a lot better this season but they're not gonna make the playoffs. Boston, Cleveland, Detroit, Toronto, Chicago, New Jersey, Miami and Orlando. That's 8 teams. Then you have Washington and New York.

8. teeps11

teeps11 Guest

Pretender. Just because they aquired Jason Richardson doesn't mean they will make the playoffs now. Since when has J-Rich helped a team get a lot better? They will probably win 5-10 more games than last year and will end up about 11th or 12th in the conference standings.

9. Babe_Ruth

It's not only because of the addition of Jason Richardson they'll become better, Felton will finally be the leader of this team at the point guard position, then you have Okafor that his a monster when he's healthy, you also have Gerald Wallace who's does everything on court. I don't think they'll make the playoffs this season but soon they will.