• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

contact?

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
Julie said:

This is a perfect example of one that will end without me bidding on it because the question I asked is the determining factor as to whether or not I will bid. No answer to my question, no bid. :shake:
Yeah, unfortunately that's the problem with this kind of contact. You have no real "contact" so you can't simply try it out and show them how to check, nor get the manager if they blatantly ignore you, nor even can you tell if they're ignoring you in the first place because they could be busy and unable. And even if they did, they can't know everything there is to know about the item being sold.

And, btw, apology accepted. I am quick with my responses to stuff like that but I am also quick to forgive as well. Sometimes just gotta think before you type on here. :lol:
Looking back, it was my fault. I have this thing where I jump to quick action real quick (impulsiveness I guess). Sometimes I confuse mistakes from intention and end up assuming the worse. I'll keep it under control. It's hard to tell the difference when someone's responding directly to what I said versus kinda but not entirely versus totally separate story. My fault. I'll be better next time. That goes for everybody who had a problem with my apparent sarcasm.

leopard22

Registered Member
Interesting thread - too bad I missed it when it was a very heated discussion.

I would never buy anything if I had a question about the item that was important enough that it would influence whether or not I would be happy with my purchase. I just wouldn't bid on it in that case. There's (almost always) another bus in 10 minutes (to use a weird metaphor).

When I've sold on eBay, I always try to be there for about 1/2 hour before the auction ends, in case there are last minute questions. But actually, I hardly ever get questions - probably because I always include pictures of items from every possible angle and a full description. It takes more time, but if you sell similar stuff, you can almost make a template of it and just pop in different images.

I think a few years back, the average eBay buyer was a little more diligent in reading what you have there rather than sending off a quick email with a question that is clearly answered in the description or details. I guess people are just too busy these days ...

Julie

Registered Member
leopard22 said:
I think a few years back, the average eBay buyer was a little more diligent in reading what you have there rather than sending off a quick email with a question that is clearly answered in the description or details. I guess people are just too busy these days ...
I know I said before that people will email questions about shipping when the calculator's on there or ask basically the same question when I've already posted the first response & every one that came in after that...but it's true, I do think alot of times people are too busy to read all the way to the bottom of the auction.

I've had to learn my lesson with that when looking for something to buy. I shamefully admit to emailing questions to sellers in the past when the information was in the listing if I would have read it all the way thru. But this was also when I was alot newer to eBay too. Some sellers were downright RUDE in their answers too!:mad: I have NEVER done that to a potential buyer. I always very politely answer their question (and if it's the same question, I just copy & paste my response from before:lol: )...sometimes their newbies, sometimes their not.

But think about how many times you've been in a store & you ask a clerk where something is & you turn around & it's right in front of your face. That's what I think of when I get these types of questions from people on eBay.

leopard22

Registered Member
Yeah, it certainly doesn't help to get pissed off because someone is asking you a question. I don't think that's going to get you more bids on your auction if you answer back rudely to a question, even if you've already been asked it and posted an answer.

As with most things in life, a little common courtesy goes a long way and is never the wrong thing to do.