• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

contact?

SamusAran86

Registered Member
Anyone else having problems getting sellers to answer your questions?

I recently sent a question to a seller, who has still yet to answer it. I really want to but a few of the items this person is selling, but the lack of responce makes me not want to do busness with this individual.

Should I send the seller another question? or just forget it and try to find another auctioneer?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I bought some items from a seller recently and never got a reply to any of my emails. The items came and were in perfect condition so I don't care about the replies anymore, but it did bug me at the time. Oh well. :-/

SamusAran86

Registered Member
well, it kinda matters to me because I want to buy multiple of the items from him... and dont was to get stuck paying 5 bucks shipping for all 3

Nanner

Registered Member
AKKKKK! I hate that! Wrote someone not long ago about sizing for a coat I really really wanted for my kid. She had 2 brand new ones in different sizes. She was so sorry for the late reply (I did write twice) and gave me all the info I asked for.....after the auctions ended and were won by others.

If it's been a while and the auction is getting close to ending I'd for sure write again.

And yes, I've found lately it seems sellers aren't what they use to be as far as customer service.

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
of course, you could win the item anyways and simply refuse to pay if their answers to your question aren't what you were looking for. If you gave them a good opportunity to answer ahead of time, then it's their fault if they didn't get to you in time. Sellers need to be kept on their toes. They need to be checking in on the items they're offering to make sure they're able to answer the buyer's questions. If they don't, then they have no right to expect payment.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
well I guess that is one way but seems like a hassle. I simply would not bid until I got my questions answered. if they don't answer then I guess they really don't want to sell that bad. I have had this happen to me several times with clothes I was trying to buy for my daughter. I just didn't get them and looked for others. It is really difficult especially if it's something that you really want. But if you can't trust the seller with a question then you certainly can't trust them in a transaction.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
Bunny_roses said:
well I guess that is one way but seems like a hassle. I simply would not bid until I got my questions answered. if they don't answer then I guess they really don't want to sell that bad. I have had this happen to me several times with clothes I was trying to buy for my daughter. I just didn't get them and looked for others. It is really difficult especially if it's something that you really want. But if you can't trust the seller with a question then you certainly can't trust them in a transaction.
I'd say that about sums it up!:D
If I write to someone, and they don't answer, I just assume they are being evasive, therefore, why the heck would I waste my time on them for a second more?

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
I wish more buyers would do this. I don't know how many times we have had people purchase an item, then they ask a question. When they don't like the answer, then they cancel the order.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, actually if you bid on an item, according to eBay, you now are legally responsible for buying it. It is the buyers responsibility to find out everything they want ahead of time, before bidding. Many sellers are nice and will let somebody back out, but it creates a hassle for them since they now have to go through eBay and try to get the sale fees canceled.

If you don't get an answer back, that means that you should either wait until you do, or just not bid at all.