Movies Constantine (Movie)

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Mirage, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Did you like the movie Constantine with Keanu Reeves?

Constantine (2005)

I thought it was a let down personally. It felt as if they were looking for an actor who had experience wearing all black and having a lack of emotion and thought to themselves "Oh yeah, the Matrix was really popular. Let's get Keanu".

It came out like right after the Matrix trilogy finished up. I thought it was way too aimed at Matrix fans.

Don't get me wrong, I like Keanu Reeves as an actor and I didn't have any complaints about him being in the movie necessarily. I just think the entire movie was made in an effort to piggyback off of the Matrix, which simply didn't work.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Read the comics and then you'll really know why it was sub-par. I still liked it, but the comics are so much better. First off, Keanu was not a good choice. John Constantine is not a fighter like Keanu was portrayed in the movie, he's a conman. He tricks and cons others to get what he wants.

The movie wasn't terrible, but it could have been a lot better.

3. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I didnt read the comics, to be honest I didnt even know there was a comic when I'd originally seen the movie. I think it was about a year later when I stumbled on a Hellblazer comic that I realized... holy hell this is Constantine :hah:

To this day I still havent read one, which is dumb because its right up the alley of the kind of theme I love in entertainment.

Overall, I absolutely loved the Constantine movie, and I've heard there was a second one either in the works or still being pitched. I really really hope they do it because I'll definitely see it.

I'm not a fan of Keanu personally... I think he's a crap actor but thats just me. However, I did love his role in the movie. But again thats coming from someone who doesnt know and isnt familiar with the HellBlazer series.

4. Vincent_Valentine

Vincent_Valentine Studley-Do-Right

I saw the movie without reading the comics also and came away thinking the movie was really damn good. I've read about the huge discrepancies between the two and I can see why fans of the comic wouldn't like the movie as much, but standing by itself, I think the movie was really good. The story was interesting, and I thought the effects and action was pretty damn good. It's a movie that I wouldn't have had any qualms with paying to see.

5. Chaos

Chaos Epic Gamer V.I.P. Lifetime

I thought the film was great. I've only ever glanced over the comics but I still thought the film was great. Even if I started reading the comics, I think I'd still love the film.

That kind of genre is all me. Demons, monsters, paranormal behaviour, all of it. I love it. :D

icegoat63 likes this.