• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Console lifespan

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
There always releasing new consoles, what do you think is a fair lifespan for a console?

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Really depends on how you keep the console. My brother is a collector and all his retro consoles are in excellent condition. And they all run fine too.

I bought my PS2 back in 2002 and it still works fine. And unlike my brother, I didn't keep it in a nice box. It's been sitting out for the last 14 or so years. I feel like one console should be able to last you at least 10 years... y'know as long as you're not playing soccer with it.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Like, how long should a console generation last? I'd say 5-7 years max.

If you're talking about how long should your console survive, then I agree, as long as you don't treat it like shit, you should be able to get 10-15 years easy.