Congress Wants Tejada Probe

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
FoxSports - Congress began its public examination of the Mitchell Report into baseball's steroids era by calling Tuesday for the Justice Department to look into whether former AL MVP Miguel Tejada lied to committee staffers when questioned in connection to the Rafael Palmeiro perjury case in 2005.

At a House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing in the same, wood-paneled room where Palmeiro, Mark McGwire and others testified three years ago, congressmen mixed criticism of baseball and its players with praise for commissioner Bud Selig and union leader Donald Fehr for progress on the sport's drug-testing program.

"The illegal use of steroids and performance-enhancing drugs was pervasive for more than a decade, Major League Baseball was slow and ineffective in responding to the scandal, and the use of human growth hormone has been rising," said committee chairman Henry Waxman, a California Democrat.
RealGM Baseball: Wiretap Archives: Congress Wants Tejada Probe

I'm glad that they're finally doing something about all the Steroids use, but I'm hopeful that Tejada didn't lie back in 2005.

Last edited:

NewGamePlus

Registered Member
It's funny all this intense concern about lying when the bigger problem is...

STEROID USAGE ITSELF!!!!!

it really is kinda funny

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Isn't Tejada off of the Orioles now? Thank God for that one. Peter Angelos makes a good decision for the first time, ever.

redsoxocd

living on the border
He's a good player, so I hope that he didnt lie. I mean, if you used them, the sensible thing to do is just tell the truth. Its going to backfire on you at some point in time

The screwed up rules must go-

If you cheat by taking drugs, it is not as bad a lying to the MLB about it".

It must do, because the MLB is not after Bonds for taking drugs, no, they are after him for lying under oath. That is a very screwed up system.

Um, bonds lied to the government and got in trouble. The gov is after him, not MLB. MLB just thinks he was "an issue".

He can lie all he wants to anyone else (almost anyone else) and get away with it.

Palmeiro got away with it because his positive test only showed he used steroids after his testimony, not before.

With Tejada, the Mitchell report has "evidence" from before his government official discussion, which places him in purjery, like Bonds.

Clemans of course is placing himself in the same seat, and could have some issues with the gov. if anyone else finds evidence.