Congress Wants Tejada Probe

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Babe_Ruth, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

RealGM Baseball: Wiretap Archives: Congress Wants Tejada Probe

I'm glad that they're finally doing something about all the Steroids use, but I'm hopeful that Tejada didn't lie back in 2005.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008

2. NewGamePlus

NewGamePlus Registered Member

It's funny all this intense concern about lying when the bigger problem is...

STEROID USAGE ITSELF!!!!!

it really is kinda funny

3. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

The Asstros might be reconsidering this deal if he's accused...

4. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

Isn't Tejada off of the Orioles now? Thank God for that one. Peter Angelos makes a good decision for the first time, ever.

5. redsoxocd

redsoxocd living on the border

He's a good player, so I hope that he didnt lie. I mean, if you used them, the sensible thing to do is just tell the truth. Its going to backfire on you at some point in time

6. ZackPhilly

ZackPhilly New Member

I wonder why they let Palmeiro off the hook, but are going after Tejada?

7. stejay

stejay New Member

The screwed up rules must go-

If you cheat by taking drugs, it is not as bad a lying to the MLB about it".

It must do, because the MLB is not after Bonds for taking drugs, no, they are after him for lying under oath. That is a very screwed up system.

8. ZackPhilly

ZackPhilly New Member

Um, bonds lied to the government and got in trouble. The gov is after him, not MLB. MLB just thinks he was "an issue".

He can lie all he wants to anyone else (almost anyone else) and get away with it.

Palmeiro got away with it because his positive test only showed he used steroids after his testimony, not before.

With Tejada, the Mitchell report has "evidence" from before his government official discussion, which places him in purjery, like Bonds.

Clemans of course is placing himself in the same seat, and could have some issues with the gov. if anyone else finds evidence.