Congress angry over Iraqi politicians plans to

Discussion in 'Politics & Law' started by LS1nut, May 3, 2007.

1. LS1nut

LS1nut Guest

take a summber break.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,269737,00.html

I love a good dose of hypocrisy right before work, dont you? Congress need look no further than its own politicians to see the very same type of attitude.

Im not condoning the Iraqis....im simply pointing out that our own governemnt acts in the EXACT SAME MANNER much of the time.

pot....meet kettle.

2. CMK_Eagle

CMK_Eagle Registered Member

The US doesn't exactly have the same level of problems as Iraq, so I think the criticism is probably warranted.

3. LS1nut

LS1nut Guest

why should the iraqis take it seriously when our own congress has managed to keep our troops from being funded for quite some time now?

congress has a long history of going on "break" when there was serious work to be done.

4. Gavik

Gavik Registered Member

Last time I checked the US wasn't in the middle of a civil war while being occupied by foreign invaders. But if I worked there I'd probably want to take a vacation to Jordan and not come back.

Bush kept them from being funded.

True, but Bush needs them to keep working in order to keep up the masscarade of success.

5. CMK_Eagle

CMK_Eagle Registered Member

Thus far no one's kept them from being funded. The funding bill was a combination shot across Bush's bow and bone to the far left. However, no matter how much both sides are posturing right now, I'd be shocked if this lasted long enough to actually impact the troops in Iraq. I simply don't think that either side is that irresponsible.