• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Conformity

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
It's a good thing!

You know what I'm on about.

HalfEatenSurprise

Registered Member
This is just a mention of those threads, randomly. Jokingly. I already made my version of it here:

http://www.generalforum.com/sickening-torture/hall-mirrors-84233.html

Will add you up there, 'cept you Bliss, you already got yours :)

Although, as a discussion point, yeah why not spout stuff about forum conformity. Does there seem to be a lot of this on here?
I know I've often conformed, generally due to inspiration for certain things coming from another idea, that I've decided to twist about. Like the film challenge, and the song review thing etc.
I don't know if I conform to the nth degree, but I dabble for certain.

shelgarr

Registered Member
They do seem to be a popular trend as of late. I haven't joined in mainly because I haven't tried hard to get to know people on a personal level. My bad. Even so....I'm not usually one to conform.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
trends in threads come and go here. I don't know if it's conformity so much as a decent idea taking off.

I didn't participate much in those threads because I have a good idea of what people think of me, and if I'm wrong I don't want to know. Unless it's better than I think it is.

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
Conformity is changing yourself on the inside, or doing something against your will, in order to better suit the outside and to try and affect people's opinions for you. In effect, lying about who you are. Or at least, that's what it means to me.

Stuff like this is just gentle emulation in my books, and something that all people can't help but do among friends. For me, liking a type of music or wearing certain clothes, especially when you don't even like them, to impress other people = conformity; doing something a lot of your friends are doing =/= conformity.

Bliss

Sally Twit
trends in threads come and go here. I don't know if it's conformity so much as a decent idea taking off.

I didn't participate much in those threads because I have a good idea of what people think of me, and if I'm wrong I don't want to know. Unless it's better than I think it is.
Where do I stand with you?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BigBob Bathroom Wall 4
C Religion & Philosophy 10