Conflict

I've noticed over the years of posting here, that in the more heated threads there are those who read, but don't post.
I've gotten reps that state, "couldn't agree more" "you are correct" etc..but, the person/people who give them don't post in the thread.

My question is this. If you step into a heated thread, with a definite opinion on the subject, do you jump in, or quietly sit back and say nothing because you're not comfortable with conflict?

Bliss

Sally Twit
To be honest a lot of the times in those threads someone has already said exactly what I would say so I just rep them for it and keep out of it.
However, if I feel strongly enough about something I will chip in.

Last edited:

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
Bliss said exactly what I was going to haha. I don't want to post just "I agree!" or "You go girl!" without adding a new point, so I rep.

Adastra

Registered Member
I am more than happy to state my opinion even in a heated discussion but if most of what I want to convey is already said by others I feel there is no point in voicing it since it's already been said. Why make it sound like a repeat? Then there is no reason to say I agree with what these people have said for this reason, which has most likely been said as well. I only reply if I feel I have something additional to add that has not already been discussed in regards to the original post.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
If I have a strong opinion on the subject in hand then I'll definitely step in and let my opinion known. This is why were on a forum in the first place, I don't see any reasons to stay on of a discussion if you have an opinion on it.

I'll keep up with threads lasting 20 pages and never actually post in them, haha. So yeah, usually I'll just sit back and not say anything, but it's not so much because of the conflict. Even if I have an opinion on the subject, the discussion is usually too far from the OP by even the second page. That's not to say it's off-topic or anything, just.. yeah.. I dunno, it's difficult to explain. I don't like picking other people's posts apart and arguing against them so much, I only like to write an opinion based off the OP. If that makes sense.

Also, what the others said. I often agree with someone else and don't have any extra points to add.

Iris

rainbow 11!
If I feel like I could hold my own in the thread, which usually I don't, I will jump in. Other than that I will just sit back and quietly watch while eating popcorn.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I don't think anyone would ever accuse me of being uncomfortable with conflict:lol:

It depends on the discussion, sometimes I feel as though enough has been said and I'm not going to add anything that hasn't already been said so I'll just rep and stay out, but for the most part I put in my .02 cents.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
This is awkward. That was me who repped you that exact thing AngelsPeak... :lol:
You said what I was thinking, so decided to rather rep than double post!
I don't mind the conflict so much, but will only post if I feel I have a valuable contribution.

This is awkward. That was me who repped you that exact thing AngelsPeak... :lol:
You said what I was thinking, so decided to rather rep than double post!
I don't mind the conflict so much, but will only post if I feel I have a valuable contribution.
I had to go look.:lol: Yes, it was similar to what I posted. It wasn't even you I had in mind when I made this thread though. I've seen you jumping into many conversations with opposing views.