Conference Finals Discussion Topic

F

Forbidden

Edmonton-Anaheim (Edmonton Leads Series 1-0)

Well, Edmonton looked pretty good in their win over Anaheim yesterday, winning 3-1. Goals were scored by Peca, Hemsky, and Harvey for Edmonton, and McDonald for Anaheim. The next game will be on Sunday in this series.

Buffalo-Carolina (Series tied 0-0)

The first game of this series is today. I think that Carolina will pull off a win in Game 1 because Cam Ward has been good in most games, and I think that Brind'Amour can help his team pull through.

N

Nil Desperandum

Buffalo shouldn't have too hard of a time beating Carolina in this series.

Look at how the teams got there, Carolina by beating Montreal and Jersey, while Buffalo has too knock out Philly and Ottawa. I expect the Sabres to take this series in six games or less.

I hope Edmonton keeps on this tear, I love to see them in the Cup.

F

Forbidden

Yeah Edmonton got really good this year with additions like Chris Pronger and Samsonov.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am definitly on the Oilers band wagon right now. I haven't seen them play a lot this year but I watch last nights game and wow are they ever playing with heart. I think out of the 4 teams left the oilers are the team that wants it more. They never quit on any shifts it's awesome to see that and hopefully it will lead them to a cup.

F

Forbidden

Yeah the other cool thing about Edmonton is they were the 8 seed and knocked off the 1-seed Detroit, they barely made the playoffs and now they're a strong contender for the cup

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah also an advatange for the Oilers is like they were battling to make the playoffs half of the season, so they've been in playoff mode for awhile which is helping them a lot. Also I think Sabers are just an amazing team they all love to play with eachother.

F

Forbidden

Edmonton is now up 2-0 on Anaheim... Goals by Pronger, Pisani, and Peca for Edmonton... and Friesen for Anaheim.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Carolina Hurricanes tied the series, by winning Game 2 4-3, overall it was a good game The Sabers tried to make it close at the end of the game by scoring a late goal, and it was a little to late, when they got it too one goal their was only 3 seconds left.

Turbo

Registered Member
I think the West will be Edmonton, they are strong and playing very well. As for the East, I'm not sure. Both the Sabres and 'Canes beat big teams to get this far. Either one would go good against the Oilers for the cup.