Concert that exceeded your expectations

Discussion in 'Music' started by Major, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

What concerts have you been to that you weren't expecting much, but you ended up being blown away?

For me it was the Widespread Panic show I went to last summer. I wasn't even planning on going, but a friend of mine who is a really big fan wanted to check it out, so we bought tickets from a scalper. It turned out to be the best concert I've ever been to and I definitely recommend seeing them if you like jam bands.

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Five Finger Death Punch

I know I've been promoting them a lot, but I honestly didn't have high expectations when I saw them in concert, but they blew me away. The lead singer has some killer vocals that aren't faked in the studio like a lot of bands these days.

3. DMAC

DMAC Registered Member

I saw Hank III last year in Nebraska and I love his music and expected the concert to be great but he raised the bar with that one. It was great, people were drunk and rowdy and it was a great time. I saw his other band AssJack as well and they were just as good.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I went to see Def Leppard in August, I knew they were going to put on a hell of a show which they did. But here's the thing, Billy Idol was opening for them, and I was pretty angry because I am not a fan of him, and REO Speedwagon and Styx were suppose to open, but cancelled.

Let me tell you Billy Idol blew me away, he was tremoundous, his guitarist Steve Stevens was amazing. He put on a hell of a good show, blew my expectations out of the water.

5. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

George Clinton - I knew it was gonna be funky but i wasn't really expecting too much. Ended up being one of THE greatest shows i've ever been to. Simply amazing, in every way.

6. salsanchezfan

salsanchezfan Registered Member

The Chicago-Earth, Wind and Fire tour that passed through here back in 2004. Amazing show, seeing both of those legends live.

7. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

Avenged Sevenfold. I couldn't really stand them until I heard them live. they were fantastic

8. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Incubus - I knew they'd be good but I didn't think Brandon's vocals would be at their best because of it being live. How wrong I was... I was absolutely blown away. They were so loud and just rocked the place. He sang perfectly fine and I had a smile on my face the whole night.

9. DMAC

DMAC Registered Member

Ive started to warm up to Avenged Sevenfold. When they first started playing their stuff on the radio I wasn't to sure if I liked them or not, but after I heard a couple different songs it wasn't so bad.

10. Khaos23

Khaos23 New Member

I went to see Darkest Hour, i knew it was going to be a great show but had no idea it was going to be that good. At the time i didn't know who White Chaple was until i saw that show and now i love them.