Concentrating on more than one thing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nixola, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

Do you find it easy to concentrate on more than one thing at a time or can you only give one thing your full concentration?

For example while you are posting on GF do you only concentrate on posting on GF or could you do work/uni work or watch TV/listen to music/speak to people at the same time?

2. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

I always multitask!

My friends cant have the tv or radio on if they're studying but I need two or more things going on!

Otherwise I get bored and start staring around the room aimlessly hehe!

:D

Nixola likes this.
  3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

I can pretty much do many things at a time.
    Right now I'm studying and posting here and listening to the radio.
    I've gotten used to it and I don't find it hard to concentrate myself to many things.

4. Sorrel

Sorrel Registered Member

I can't see how anyone can do those 3 things simultaneously. I can only do two things if I do one of them on automatic pilot. Music is ok with some activities, but I don't believe you can study and post at the same time. Perhaps you mean you hop from one to the other?

5. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I find it exremely hard to concentrate on more than one thing at a time. I have a one track mind.

I cannot have music on while I'm reading or studying or posting on GF. I was just listening to The Cleveland Show that was open in another tab whilst trying to post on GF but I just couldn't do it, everything I typed was coming out wrong. Same if I try to read posts on gf, I need to stop all music and noise before I can concentrate on it. It's really annoying.

6. RJ-Cool

RJ-Cool "Expect the unexpected"

I get bored easily so I have to keep my mind entertained. Sometimes when I'm posting on GF, I'm either listening to music or watching television.

7. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

Funny you should ask that now of all times. One of the guys on the poker table on Zynga (FB) just ask if I could please check faster (well, he asked everyone on the table). So of course I told him no... I said I would like to think about my next move please. But really, what I wanted to tell him was "hold on there buddy, I am posting something on GF, replying to my friends Kibi on Yahoo and checking my VM's. Pfft. People can be so impatient.

So to answer your question - yes. I do multitask in almost everything I do really!

*rushes back to Kibi*

8. Puck

Puck Registered Member

I'm a pretty good multitasker.
    I've always got music on, doing pretty much anything and everything.
    I do most of my posting/chatting while at work and I actually get work done, so I'm pretty successful in this department.

Nixola likes this.
  9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Not really. I mean I do watch TV and go on the PC from time to time but I end up coming off the PC or switching off the TV. I also find it difficult to talk when I am posting. Also, if I am in chat I can't post at the same time.

10. anmracing

anmracing Registered Member

Yes, there are times when I'll be talking to someone and typing an email or a response in a forum.

I still have trouble with the gum and walking bit though.......:lol: