Computers: Decoration or Strictly Machines?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Mirage, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Do you treat your computer like decoration or do you not care how it looks? Is it just a machine to you that serves a function or do you do things to it to make it look "cool" or personalize it a bit?

I put colored fans and LED's in mine. Nothing really expensive. In fact, it's about the same price as the non lighted fans. I have red, and blue lights in it currently, and in some parts it appears to be purple due to the blended colors.

It looks pretty cool with the lights off. I don't mind paying a bit extra to make it look nice.

2. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

My computer tower is just a rectangular box, no frills. Its just a machine. Though getting a splash of lime green colour, does seem tempting.

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

My tower is nothing special, I have some blue LED's in there, since it's a cooler master case there are a ton of openings and the light gets out a lot.

I also run a purple matrix screen saver for use when I'm not at the computer, it looks cool, but that's about it, I'm not one of those crazy people that buys a mac or any other type of computer just because I like the way it looks, that's ridiculous.

4. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

All I cared about was that it was black. I think my monitor looks really classy and I enjoy looking at it. It's not the be all and end all but it played a factor in me buying it.

5. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

I'm more interested what my computer can do for me rather than how it looks.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Strictly machine. The only thing close to being "pretty" that I considered for my computer was when I bought a travel bag for my new laptop.

7. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I don't see why it needs to be decorated, it is only there for me to use it and not to sit and admire.

8. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I haven't customized my laptop on the hardware. It just looks the same was as it did they day I got it. I haven't added anything colourful or special to it.

I like to cutomize what is on my computer though, like desktops and pictures and things. I don't want to change the look of my machine on the outside.

9. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

My laptop looks the same as the day I bought it.

My PC has a couple stickers on it if that counts :lol: Which I only actually noticed because of this thread, I must have done that ages ago when I was bored.

But yeah apart from that, strictly machine for me.

10. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Mine is solely a machine. The tower sits under the desk and is barely visible, it has a blue power button but that is it, it is just a black box in a dark corner.

My computer set up does look quite good though, I have dual monitors so it is like having a wall of pictures.

Bex; Im curious to know what stickers they are? let me guess, Take That, googly eyes and a Jaffa orange peel!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009