Computers: Decoration or Strictly Machines?

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you treat your computer like decoration or do you not care how it looks? Is it just a machine to you that serves a function or do you do things to it to make it look "cool" or personalize it a bit?

I put colored fans and LED's in mine. Nothing really expensive. In fact, it's about the same price as the non lighted fans. I have red, and blue lights in it currently, and in some parts it appears to be purple due to the blended colors.

It looks pretty cool with the lights off. I don't mind paying a bit extra to make it look nice.

My computer tower is just a rectangular box, no frills. Its just a machine. Though getting a splash of lime green colour, does seem tempting.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
My tower is nothing special, I have some blue LED's in there, since it's a cooler master case there are a ton of openings and the light gets out a lot.

I also run a purple matrix screen saver for use when I'm not at the computer, it looks cool, but that's about it, I'm not one of those crazy people that buys a mac or any other type of computer just because I like the way it looks, that's ridiculous.

Bliss

Sally Twit
All I cared about was that it was black. I think my monitor looks really classy and I enjoy looking at it. It's not the be all and end all but it played a factor in me buying it.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Strictly machine. The only thing close to being "pretty" that I considered for my computer was when I bought a travel bag for my new laptop.

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I don't see why it needs to be decorated, it is only there for me to use it and not to sit and admire.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I haven't customized my laptop on the hardware. It just looks the same was as it did they day I got it. I haven't added anything colourful or special to it.

I like to cutomize what is on my computer though, like desktops and pictures and things. I don't want to change the look of my machine on the outside.

My laptop looks the same as the day I bought it.

My PC has a couple stickers on it if that counts :lol: Which I only actually noticed because of this thread, I must have done that ages ago when I was bored.

But yeah apart from that, strictly machine for me.

Bananas

Endangered Species
Mine is solely a machine. The tower sits under the desk and is barely visible, it has a blue power button but that is it, it is just a black box in a dark corner.

My computer set up does look quite good though, I have dual monitors so it is like having a wall of pictures.

Bex; Im curious to know what stickers they are? let me guess, Take That, googly eyes and a Jaffa orange peel!

Last edited: