• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

computer question

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Ok, we got our computer back and set up. This thing is making me SO mad! Pop ups every few seconds and if I use the pop up blocker there is one that freezes the computer when it comes up and I have to restart. Then there is the picture......its all grainy looking. What is the problem? Anyone know? Grrrrr, I FINALLY get the puter home and it has all these problems and I think if we give it back to the guy who was working on it, then it will be another month before we get it back

kromsales

Registered Member
try running adaware on it. You may have some spyware in there. you can download it at www.downloads.com Its free and works great!! :)

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
I went and downloaded a different pop up blocker and so far it is working WAY better!! Now we just got to figure out what to do about the grainy picture. Makes it hard to see things. Like i went to go play a card game and I couldn't even make out the cards. It does ok on reading words and stuff, but other than that you can't tell what some things are..........I think someone said it might need a new video card? that sound right? How much are those?

kromsales

Registered Member
It depends on what kind you have. You may try downloading the driver for the one you already have and see if that helps. Sometimes you need to do that. And its all fine agian. If you need to know how to find out what one you have here is how:
Go to Control Panel
Then System
Hardware
device manager
Display adapters

that will tell you what kind you have. Once you find it post and i will find the download for ya :)

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
Ty Going to do that right now!!

I dont see where it says display adaptor

The video controler says this
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

Universal serial bus says this

PCI device says this

Multimedia controler says this

and the eithernet controler says this

Last edited:

kromsales

Registered Member
hmmm what op system are you using? You need to get the driver..but I need to know what kind it is in order to help...

Nanner

Registered Member
Wish I could help..... but don't know nothin bout no puter insides! Sorry :( Besides who needs card games when you have US???!!! :D

Somebody wanna come over and get my printer working again? My geek (brother) hasn't stopped here since it died on me. I NEED my printer!

Msbabedoll

Registered Member
LOL nanner yeah but I can't see your pretty face on here! LOL ITs all blotched up!!!!

Got it fixed, it needed a driver of some kind, but after fixing it the stupid thing would not reboot, so NOW its at the computer hospital lol.....

Last edited:

punchline67

As a computer tech, when my clients experience problems like the ones you described, I recommend the following to them:

1. Download and install Firefox www.getfirefox.com
2. Download and install AdAware SE www.download.com
3. Download and install Spybot Search and Destroy www.download.com

Firefox is a fantastic browswer with lots of different add-ins that can be used to customize to your personal specifications. It's great and you don't get those pesky pop-ups anymore.

AdAware SE and Spybot Search and Destroy are great utility programs to have on your system. I would recommend running them once a week and let them clean out any junk that they find.

Also you had mentioned that your display was fuzzy - have you opened the PC at all and made sure the video card is completely seated in the slot? This may resolve the issue, however it's hard to diagnose that without seeing the box itself.

Punchline67